AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
<LegendGS>

<LegendGS> is on a distinguished road
Default Fog Light Repalcement Lenses

Replacement for lenses by stevieray:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray
Aight. Before any of you with busted lenses on your '94-'95 OEM fogs run out and do this, let me stress this is a big maybe but follow my logic here. Knowing that if you go to the ACURA dealer and ask for a replacement lens the answer is going to be "no", I started thinking, "I wonder if HONDA ever used the same fog light on the Accord or Civic?" After some research, come to find out the '92-95 EG Civic fogs are damned similar if not identical. Carrying that thought a step further, I looked to see if any of the online Honda parts dealers carried a replacement lens for the EG fogs. Lo and behold, they still do. Better yet, when I was at Gary Force Acura this AM, I asked my parts guy if this was a good P/N for him and he confirmed that it was. So now, I have one on order from the local Acura dealer and also one from Darrell Waltrip Honda to see if I get the same thing.

Bottom line, I should have these in my hot little fists by Monday or so and will confirm that evening that they indeed will fit our OEM fogs. If and when this turns out to be affirmative, I'll post up the P/N in this thread and all of you can fly to your friendly local Honda OR Acura dealer to get replacement or spare lens. Sound like a plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray
OK, the verdict is in and the answer is:

YES!!!

Go order the lens from the Honda dealer. P/N is 08V31-SR0-100R1 and should be about $18-20 each. Then go to Home Depot and buy a Husky 30-piece ratcheting hex driver set for $14.99 or if you can find one, just a T15 Torx security driver bit. The lens will have installation instructions in the package & will say the screws are a T10 Torx bit but it's a T15. If you want, go find some SEM Black Trim Paint, # 39143 and paint the housings while you've got them out & apart. You can probably find it at a body shop supply place or order it online from the Eastwood Company. Here's some pics:

Lens kit:

Husky ratcheting hex driver set:

Old fogs with new lenses:

Shot of repainted housing:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...eray54/Fog.jpg

Have fun, bros---
Old 01-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
<LegendGS>

<LegendGS> is on a distinguished road

Additional info by telafonic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by telafonic
Just noticed this post after reading the more recent foglight lens thread, and it's awesome!
just wanted to add a little info. That lens is the same lens they use on the '94-'95 Integra foglights.
So, you should be able to get it at the Acura dealer also (<$20) with the same part number; 08V31-SR0-100R1

Really weird, but they don't have it listed as a Legend part.

EDIT: Extra info;
Legend '94-'95
Integra '94-'95
Accord '93-'95
Civic '92-'95
Prelude '93-'96
Old 01-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Losaun

Losaun is on a distinguished road

Homie, now that's what I am talking about my man!!! Good looking out...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
czechboy

czechboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to czechboy

Great post, my lenses are all tore up from years of road debris. Did you notice a difference in the light output?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
TypeIIGhost

TypeIIGhost is on a distinguished road
Default Lens and the interior reflectror!

Do they sell that for the 91-93 legends?Id so what part number?
TypeIIGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

The Lens repair kit is no longer available.

-Matt
Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
The Lens repair kit is no longer available.

-Matt
Yep, called different dealers a few moths back looking for them... Thank goodness Sdgayoon did another fog light group buy; albeit a more expensive lens replacement option.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Well now that DOES suck! I got the fogs from KJ's first group buy. I had originally put 3M protective film on them and took them off after seeing this thread and having this part# and picture saved in my phone. I guess since the lenses are glass I'd better put some film back on them in hopes to keep them pristine or at least unbroken for as long as possible.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

For those looking for replacement lenses for their 94-95 OEM fog lenses/housing, 92-94 Civic OEM fogs are direct replacements and available on eBay for $35 or so -shipped. If you look hard, you may find a pair with hid upgrade for the same price. You'll need your brackets and you'll want to swap the plugs and the housing may be silver, but for $35 - and not have to mess with rusted housings - it's a bargain.

This is a new lens in the old housing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by LowPSI; 12-18-2016 at 09:56 PM.
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote