AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Losaun

Losaun is on a distinguished road
Default ABS/TCS Issue

Need a little help here...

Does anyone know this ABS DTC code?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Losaun

**Bump**
Anyone!!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

This is confusing because there is no code for 1 short blink. However there is a code 1 (no sub code) which is Pump motor overrun. I can't confirm whether that code would be 1 long blink or 1 short blink

Does the light stay on everytime you start the engine? You can always pull the ALB 2 fuse and reset the memory and see if the problem keeps happening
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

That is "1 long w/no sub-code'. Means "pump overrun" in technical lingo. Means toasted ABS pump/modulator in street talk (more likely than not).
Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Losaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
This is confusing because there is no code for 1 short blink. However there is a code 1 (no sub code) which is Pump motor overrun. I can't confirm whether that code would be 1 long blink or 1 short blink

Does the light stay on everytime you start the engine? You can always pull the ALB 2 fuse and reset the memory and see if the problem keeps happening
No the light only comes on when I drive off and reach 30mph... The code is confusing right? My cap to the ABS I think is lose cause I see some fluid on the top of it. As if it is leaking out...does that matter I am sure it does and does acura sell the gaskets for it? Also where do you get the t-handle tool to release the air pressure?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Losaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
That is "1 long w/no sub-code'. Means "pump overrun" in technical lingo. Means toasted ABS pump/modulator in street talk (more likely than not).
So the pump is fried is that what you are telling me? I can jump the relay and the pump runs
Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losaun View Post
So the pump is fried is that what you are telling me? I can jump the relay and the pump runs
Yes, the pump will run but no pressure ever builds so the pump continues to run and then the computer senses the "pump overrun" and disables the system and turns the light on. I had the same issue with my 91 LS Sedan and changed out the whole pump/mod assembly with success.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
Losaun

Quote:
Yes, the pump will run but no pressure ever builds so the pump continues to run and then the computer senses the "pump overrun" and disables the system and turns the light on. I had the same issue with my 91 LS Sedan and changed out the whole pump/mod assembly with success.
Do you think my ABS faluty cap could be the issue?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losaun View Post
Do you think my ABS faluty cap could be the issue?
I hope it is but that is wishful thinking. There is no pressure inside of the brake fluid reservoir. Unless all of your fluid has splashed out.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
Losaun

Quote:
I hope it is but that is wishful thinking. There is no pressure inside of the brake fluid reservoir. Unless all of your fluid has splashed out.
Thanks Bro.... Is there anything I can check at the junkyard to determine if the ABS is good or not? Also does this affect the TCS ?