AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
Cool Tokico Blue Shocks

Hey guys, well some of you already know I lowered my car. But there's an issue, the KYB GR-2 shocks are not good when you have a lowered car. Every time I hit a dip on the road or freeway, I can hear the exhaust pipe hit the floor. Ken knows, he's seen sparks coming from my car when I hit a dip lol. So now, I have dead shocks on the rear. I bottom out really badly if I don't watch for them damn holes on the ground.

Anyways, I ordered a pair of Tokico Blue shocks for the front and rear. Now, for the 86-88 sedan, Tokico used to make shocks for us, but for some reason, they discontinued it. So the only ones that are available are for the 87-90 Coupe's and 89-90 Sedan's.

So I bought the 89-90 Sedan Shocks. For the front, they fit on all models 86-90. For the rears, I have to cut off the spring holder and the bottom part where it bolts up. Here's 2 pics of the rear shock:

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm still working on it. I got this machine that can remove the rest of the bottom piece. and for the spring holder, I used a dremel tool with a grinder disk. Took my time on it so the disk doesn't break into millions of pieces lol.

Well, I'll be updating this thread once I get them how I want it to be. Stay tune........

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

James, just be very careful NOT to puncture the cylinder ...don't want to hear you lose a limb or anything you hear!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about

I won't, when I'm using tools, I'm usually cautious of what I'm doing. I just hope everything works out for me once its done.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

oooooooh.... i like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

As soon as this is done James, you know I wont be too far behind!
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
(=^.^=)
Legend Hater

yay! Very nice!
3.5 swap, so easy a girl can do it.
Talk is cheap, because the supply is much larger than the demand.
(=^.^=) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
pacallen

pacallen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pacallen

Very nice! I've still got a set of Tokico blues waiting to be installed w/ my stock springs (my 20 year old OEMs are definitely in need of replacement!), but it's too hot today
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
89HondaLegend
Old School

I must say, you are very keen James. I don't think I could spend that much money on shocks and then take a cutting grinding tool to it

Peter, are your springs still good? I know mine are saggy on the sedan after 20 years of driving so I will be getting new ones.

RIP Fut
89HondaLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89HondaLegend View Post
I must say, you are very keen James. I don't think I could spend that much money on shocks and then take a cutting grinding tool to it

Peter, are your springs still good? I know mine are saggy on the sedan after 20 years of driving so I will be getting new ones.
Lol thats because the stuff here isn't that expensive, not like in Australia lol.

1st update:

I finished grinding my first shock. It look like it'll work. I didn't want to grind the bottom piece too much cause I'm not sure how far they welded the piece together and blow the new shocks. So here's pics of it finished:

Gonna finish the other one tomorrow. Wish me luck guys when test fitting it.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Mikeo
1989 Acura Legend

Mikeo is on a distinguished road

nice lol ya how much are those? Im thinkin about putting those on for a stiffer ride?
Mikeo is offline   Reply With Quote