AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Legend / RL Galleries > Second Gen Legend Gallery -- 1991 - 1995
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
Friggens
reformed lurker

Friggens is on a distinguished road
Default SW '95 GS Sedan

Driving the car 7 years now - Bid on it on EBay after a few glasses of wine...

You never know how it'll go with a one way ticket to Las Vegas, but the seller turned out to be original owner and a car guy. Drove it home to NM without issue. Nicest car I had ever had at the time. Bought with 110000 dealer maintained miles, now at 217000 maintained-by-me miles.

Various upgrades over time: Sebring exaust, KN filter on Weapon R intake, TL CD stereo head unit, Polk speakers, total front end rebuild w new axles still in the boxes for later (were changed at 90,000 - its due). Another timing belt and pump, etc. at 198000. Drivers seat recovered nicely by local shop. Lots of maintenance. Always synthetic oil.

Original goal: Drive it 100k miles. New goal: see how long it lasts and keep it looking sharp while doing so Telling story here part of the infusion of new mojo for the car in 2018!! Thanks to Lady6Spd for offering up new fog cover I was afraid I'd never find now that dealer is cutting back

Nice car but I can't seem to make my images small enough to post here...

Cheers!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
lady6spd
6 speed baby!

lady6spd will become famous soon enough

Welcome Mike!

I think you have to have 50 posts before being able to load pictures.

Looking forward to seeing your beauty!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
Friggens
reformed lurker

Thanks Penny!

All the more reason to reply and say thanks again for help today and the warm welcome.

At least my garage allowed me 3 pictures
Old 12-29-2017, 03:40 AM   #4
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

That must have been some good wine for your car looks like a real nice piece.

Send me a PM and I'll throw a few ideas your way.

4HondaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #5
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the family. I'm also glad Penny got you covered on the fog light blanks. I've been looking out for them for years since they were discontinued and it appears that is one of the items ALWAYS plucked off these cars EARLY (before they are made available to the public). I am probably the ONLY Legend enthusiast within 100 miles now and see very little activity at the yards for parts (except ignorant persons destroying parts apparently for "fun" ). If another coupe ever shows up it'll be a GOLDMINE though.

As for the picture loading problems Photobucket went ROGUE with our pictures (3rd party linking to them) we have had forum difficulty posting images. Most of us "long timers" can tell you how our threads and DIY projects have been TRASHED because Photobucket wants HUNDREDS of dollars to reactivate all our links to see the pictures contained therein. I forsee them going the way of the dodo bird because MILLIONS of people on this planet used them for probably a decade and then they pulled this stunt.

If you have parts needs feel free to post up on the forum. I right now show 4 sedans at my local yard and one just popped up. I don't get many requests these days and so often times the cars just get recycled.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #6
Friggens
reformed lurker

Default You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lurked her and more at .com since I bought the car.

It is great to be part of a community interested in one of the best driving cars ever to come off the line!!

I knew I wanted one, didn't think I'd find one, then shazzam, wound up with a real nice late GS from a real nice guy in sin city.

Since then I have driven the socks off the car and hauled my family everywhere too. Kids are 10 and 8 so they do not remember any other car other than our 4x4 Pathfinder.

Never let down on the road. Main relay and coil issues solved in the shop with the help of these threads... seems like so long ago.

Did the TB in October, like surgery. I have also drained and refilled the tranny a few times but no opening for filter as that looks like trouble. I have the filter if that is a must. This year, soon even, here is the task list:

1) Deep clean and polish
2) new windshield
3) install -securely- my new ldy6spd fog lamp covers
4) treat leather

That's it right now. doable, right? Car really needs nothing but love

Oops, forgot about those front axles, ahem...

they are Honda new, in the boxes. That looks like a biggish job, but its commin' up. I hope to make it though my brake set before needing to go there. Have original rotors, carefully turned, on the shelf with a set of Hawk pads as well.

Its a good feeling knowing this car is good for 2018 and more!! Cheers
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #7
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

I had to look up where Corrales is located; I was hoping it would be in the southern part of the state near Las Cruces so you could zoom over here to AZ if we ever get some kind of SW Region meet together. Congrats on your 'new' Legend and welcome to the family.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote