AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 AM   #5371
srqlegend

srqlegend is on a distinguished road
Default Changed ATF

Been wondering for a couple of weeks if changing ATF every 2 years (<3000 miles) really is necessary. The Castrol TRANSMAX Import came out dark red-black and kind of smelly. No metal shavings on the plug like last time though. 1-2 shifting smoother.

Next up diff fluid DIY (Castrol Axle Limited Slip 80W-90 Gear Oil) left in the bottle from 2 years ago (its a dark color; is that ok? or should it be gold). So I guess following the recommendations in the manual makes sense.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #5372
srqlegend

Default Battery tiedown finally

Happened to find a battery tiedown at the jy. Our jy seems to discard these when they pull the batteries. Who knows?

I wish they would sell you like a 3-hour pass to pull stuff off the jy car thats not even on their price lists. random fasteners, bolts etc.

Next up, door checker; that should be fun.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:49 PM   #5373
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower

I opened up the garage to look at both of them... first time in 9 days LOL

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #5374
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
I opened up the garage to look at both of them... first time in 9 days LOL
You should park them outside like I have with mine. That way you can see them EVERY DAY!
Old 11-16-2020, 04:13 PM   #5375
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
You should park them outside like I have with mine. That way you can see them EVERY DAY!
that wouldnt matter... lol I dont even keep them at my house they are at a hidden location thats got security and such

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:18 AM   #5376
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
that wouldnt matter... lol I dont even keep them at my house they are at a hidden location thats got security and such
Security at the house AND you can keep a close eye on them. Plus when the weather decides it wants to act up you can quickly relocate them without having to go and retrieve them first.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:13 AM   #5377
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiji View Post
Changed to a new engine and sold the old one for recycling for a hundred bucks. Can finally ride again
Awesome! Got it done!

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #5378
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Topped off brake fluid in my coupe with the last of my DOT3 inventory today. Brake light indicator lit up the other day when taking off from a full stop then went dark after acceleration was over. I do this every couple of years as a routine. Test drive was good, nothing lighting up.

Been quiet, haven’t posted in a long while. Managed to have my sedan’s oil changed recently (a few weeks ago). My coupe’s radiator cap went bad and caused coolant level to rise in the overflow tank and had full coolant flush and replace with fresh Honda type 2 “blue” as well as oil change (beginning of October). All this after I had fully serviced both Legends ($$) early last March to get them ready for my move and road trip NJ to Houston at the end of March.

Legends are collecting more dust than miles these days, on battery tenders.

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:33 PM   #5379
srqlegend

Default Water pump

The timing belt project got stalled for 2 years during the CoVid-SaRS2 because I tore the Cam seal and couldn't get it out.

Getting it back on the road:

New cam seal installed Beck & Arnley
New water pump (GMB)
New thermostat (Nippon)
New timing belt tensioner (GMB)
Oil change, my last Denso oil filter
not needed the oil was basically unused.

Last edited by srqlegend; 07-12-2022 at 07:21 PM.
srqlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:56 PM   #5380
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the rough

I got my legend back from the shop yesterday! Through the pandemic, my Accord started doing the mileage the legend used to do and the legend sat. I'd let a few things pile up which are now mended. I had the coolant serviced, got a new Denso A/C compressor, and had the front struts replaced (a small miracle, I know). I'd mistakenly thought there was a leak in the cooling system, but it turns out I'm just a bad saturday mechanic. No surprise there.

I'm noticing more reactions to the car than I used to. Drivers around me used to just want to get around the old car. Now I'm either getting squinting stares as people try to work out what the shiny old car is, or I'm getting joyous surprise. It's a nice change.