AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > First Generation Legend (1986 - 1990)

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
BABO_C27A1

BABO_C27A1 is on a distinguished road

Ok so i cleaned the rear drain holes and found something interesting....
The drain tubes can be accesed from inside the trunk.

They are behind the carpet on the sides and if u unplug them ur gonna find a filter? A piece of rubber connecting to the tube that is supposed to keep debri and sand from clogging the nipples underneath the car?

I just took it out and cleaned it real good to see if that keeps the water from accumulating on the headliner and shower the ish outta me when it rains.... Anyway just wanted to share my .02 cents
Old 11-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, you can get at the tubes from behind the trunk lining...

However, I would be careful with that, because if they are clogged with dirt and water, when you disconnect them, all that stuff is going to go into that area...hence why its best to clear out that junk under the car first, then you can go in there and clean it out a bit more...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
(/O^O\)
Banned

(/O^O\) is on a distinguished road
Default consider....

Another $0.02....
I have removed the 2ND inner checkvalve device that looks like a cake decorator's frosting tube tip.
In a dusty desert climates, the accunulation of fine dust in the sunroof cavity all washes down and creates a mud plug at that inner checkvalve. Then it backs up and overflows.
I rely only on the outer duckbilled checkvalve now, and even trimmed that to ensure the hardening old rubber will release when needed.
(/O^O\) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
samo8ty5

samo8ty5 is on a distinguished road

Add this to the DIY, this is the location of the front drain under the front fender. I removed the front fenders to clean them out correctly, both front drain were very dirty. took off the fenders also to clean out the dirt and twiggs that get stuck inside the fender.

samo8ty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
Giantz

Giantz is on a distinguished road

Just did mine. It's the "wet season" here in tropical North Queensland and a cup of water down your back just adds insult to injury!

Air down the front holes works. I stuffed a rag in around the air nozzle to help seal for maximum effect. Another way would be to feed in a close fitting plastic tube and stick your air nozzle in that tube. There is a "duckbill" type of basic "no dust up this tube thanks" valve behind the mudguard (fender) some where.
If you have a small mind the noise from the air blowing out the end can sound amusing. I blew through it heaps of times.

To do the rear ones I set the car with a slope to the rear (not too much) and fed water with a jug (pitcher?) into the moat of the sunroof and shoved welding wire (nice and stiff) up and down and round and round to clean out the lower section of drain tube and valve (it is the forward most one of the two directly behind the rear mudflap. No need to go into the trunk (or boot). I think the other one is a drain for the wells in the trunk, but could be wrong on that.
Happy farting.
Giantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #16
AcuraLegend55k1990
{Legend}{Supporter}

AcuraLegend55k1990 is on a distinguished road

Wow thanks man this had been helpful