AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
Aking

Aking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs91Coupe View Post
Man you got me jealous that I am being such a wuss at getting to doing some of these.
Just dive in! It's really not that bad of a job, you just have to take your time and make sure everything is done right. Check things over 2-3 times. It's really taking me longer than it should have due to my work/travel schedule, I was out of town the majority of the month of April. Plus the weather got cold and I didnt bother going in the garage for a week or so.

The worst part of this job for me is getting those damn mid mounts back in and the transmission cable bolts back in. PITA!!

www.daytonohioautodetailing.com
Aking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Qs91Coupe

Qs91Coupe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking View Post
Just dive in! It's really not that bad of a job, you just have to take your time and make sure everything is done right. Check things over 2-3 times. It's really taking me longer than it should have due to my work/travel schedule, I was out of town the majority of the month of April. Plus the weather got cold and I didnt bother going in the garage for a week or so.

The worst part of this job for me is getting those damn mid mounts back in and the transmission cable bolts back in. PITA!!
I hear you. That is pretty much how I approach all work I do on my car. I am far from a mechanic.

Check out my 4 sale thread:Click here!!
Qs91Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #33
Aking

Anybody know where all this oil residue could be coming from? It's right around the oil pump area and all over the differential and power steering bracket. Is there any seals anywhere around that area that I should change out?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
Mike Diaz
Super Duper Member

Mike Diaz will become famous soon enoughMike Diaz will become famous soon enough

I would probably blame the vss seal and road grime. Does your car have a splash shield underneath? If anything, clean it up really good, and put a new O-ring on the vss assembly.

3.5 swaps, head gasket replacements, and 5/6 speed swaps done in less than a week. PM for a quote.
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
Aking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Diaz View Post
I would probably blame the vss seal and road grime. Does your car have a splash shield underneath? If anything, clean it up really good, and put a new O-ring on the vss assembly.
Yea, I have a splash sheild underneath, but there was a good amount of gravel and dirt on the steering rack metal braket too, so maybe your right. There should be an o-ring the the VSS rebuild kit if I remember correctly. I never had any oil leaks in the front of the engine, only the rear main. :dunno:

I have to get some more 3M High Power brake cleane. If anyone wants to clean their motor up really good? This shit works wonders!! Spray and watch the oil and grim wash away. You'll go through about 4-5 cans of it tho. I'm on my 3rd.

Last edited by Aking; 05-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #36
Aking

She's almost all the why put back together. If im lucky I'll get her back in the car tonight.

Thanks again Walter for the knock sensors.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
DevanTheDude
Ninjaneer

DevanTheDude will become famous soon enoughDevanTheDude will become famous soon enough

Build is looking good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking View Post
Anybody know where all this oil residue could be coming from? It's right around the oil pump area and all over the differential and power steering bracket. Is there any seals anywhere around that area that I should change out?

Looks like it's coming from the oil cooler which is pretty common and easy to fix. Wes does a great write up on page 5 of this thread:

http://forums.acuralegend.org/oil-le...light=oil+leak
DevanTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #38
Aking

Not a whole lot of action last night, just went around the entire motor to make sure things were tightened down and everything is in place.

I did get my exhaust gaskets and exhaust manifold back on and my accessory belts on and tightened.

Polyurethane casting compound (60A) is on order. I will be poly filling my motor mounts as soon as that arrives. Hopefully this Saturday I can get the motor back in the car.

I also need to replace my VSS wire harness.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #39
Aking

Time to get those motor mounts poly filled.

Before:

After (had a small leak thru the tape on one, should he ok tho):

Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #40
Aking

All done!! Just took for a test drive. No more rear main seal leaks!!! Whoop whoop!!!