AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Merchants' Corner

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Skyline98
That one guy.

Skyline98 is on a distinguished road

No Erik, Thank you. Getting everything over to Redline and working at the details of EXACTLY what I needed and wanted. I owe you a beer!

Also this was cut to pair with the short throw shifter.

"Breakin shit since '88"

Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
Beyond~Measure
OOOOoooowwwwWWWW

Beyond~Measure is on a distinguished road

can someone school me on shifters? I've never gotten into the science of it all... I realize a "short shifter" essentially means a shorter shift stick but I imagine this isn't done in the same way they make sawed-offs lol.... or is it? LOL!!

Mainly though.... How difficult is it to swap out ebrake sleeves, boots and knobs? Do i need to remove any part of the console, if so this is where i get worried.... (don't want to crack anything....
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
NuclearSymphony
Project 130R

NuclearSymphony will become famous soon enough

This is the best diagram I've seen comparing stock vs short throw shifters, although I'm sure better versions exist. Think of it as a seesaw, the longer you make the bottom section, the less distance the top section needs to travel to accomplish the same motion.

Cutting down the top section is optional, as some also prefer having the gear knob sit lower. To change your shift boot, you'll need to remove the large center console piece around the shifter, as the shift boot is fastened to the underside of the console. It's not too difficult, there are complete instructions with pictures, and it takes about 20-30 minutes with the right tools.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
Beyond~Measure
OOOOoooowwwwWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
This is the best diagram I've seen comparing stock vs short throw shifters, although I'm sure better versions exist. Think of it as a seesaw, the longer you make the bottom section, the less distance the top section needs to travel to accomplish the same motion.

Cutting down the top section is optional, as some also prefer having the gear knob sit lower. To change your shift boot, you'll need to remove the large center console piece around the shifter, as the shift boot is fastened to the underside of the console. It's not too difficult, there are complete instructions with pictures, and it takes about 20-30 minutes with the right tools.
Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
NuclearSymphony
Project 130R

Well well well . . . turns out another forum member (telafonic) also has a Redline Goods shift boot in his car!

With OEM 6-speed shifter:

Short shift boot + RJSS:

Looks great Ryan!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #16
BigCope923

BigCope923 is on a distinguished road

Dog gone that's a clean interior!!!! ^^^^^
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
telafonic

telafonic will become famous soon enough

Yep, I miss that car sometimes. Under those seat covers was a very good driver's seat, and the most untouched passenger seat I've seen. Never really liked those Lloyd mats though. Now I'm wondering if I kept that boot since I re-installed the stock shifter before selling. I think I've got the knob kicking around somewhere though.

Of course I purchased a Redline Goods shift boot for the S2000 as well.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #18
NuclearSymphony
Project 130R

We can also paint the plastic trim piece at the top of your shift boot! Here is Nighthawk Black Pearl on our Redline Goods '86-90 Legend shift boot. Can't tell you what a difference this makes if your trim piece is faded or peeling!

Custom paint thread and pricing options here.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #19
Beyond~Measure
OOOOoooowwwwWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
Well well well . . . turns out another forum member (telafonic) also has a Redline Goods shift boot in his car!

With OEM 6-speed shifter:

Short shift boot + RJSS:

Looks great Ryan!