AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Merchants' Corner

Old 10-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
devolution
crazy diamond

devolution will become famous soon enough
Default spacers for manual transmission swap

Manual swap spacers are now available from me, made by my dad. For those who don't know, the Legend automatic transmission is a few inches longer than the manual transmission. When swapping in a MT, a spacer is needed to bridge the gap between the transmission and the aluminum bracket so that the rear motor mount aligns with the AT crossmember attached to the body.

These are available to order at a cost of $65 plus the cost for USPS Priority medium box shipping (see update posts from me for the current total). Payment needs to be made via Paypal, and the spacers will be shipped to you from my father in Indiana, who is making them. Turnaround time is usually less than a week, as he keeps a couple on hand ready to ship; if he doesn't have them welded up already, he can do so quickly and get them out to you.

Details:
  • These are 50mm total thickness. The design of the crossbeam bracket that the motor mount bolts to allows for some adjustment of the mount position, so this thickness should work for pretty much everyone. If you need a couple of millimeters of extra thickness, you can use galvanized washers under the bolt heads.
  • These are bare steel. I recommend some form of rustproofing, but it's up to you to determine what's best for your situation. This is a cost savings to you, plus they are shipped more quickly without the extra step of powdercoating. I used POR15 Rust Preventative paint on mine, and Alex used Plastidip, so there's definitely some inexpensive options for sealing these up before installation.
  • I used 90mm long bolts to attach mine. The bottom bolt that attaches the alternator to its bracket is 90mm in length and a perfect fit for this application (part # 95801-10090-08).
  • The plate on the transmission side of the spacer has been scalloped out on one edge to allow space for mounting the exhaust stay bracket in its proper place on the transmission. However, one corner of the stay bracket, next to the lower mounting bolt hole, needs to be trimmed a little to allow the bracket to fit properly onto the transmission, if you intend on using the stay bracket on your exhaust:

That's pretty much it. PM me for Paypal information, and please put your shipping address in a PM once you've made payment so I know I have the correct address (I tend not to trust Paypal shipping addresses). iTrader ratings are appreciated, and I will be leaving them for buyers as well.

Installed pics (I forgot to take newer ones -- these are the prototype, which was 2mm thinner than the production ones, which is why there's a gap around the bolts in the second pic):

Last edited by devolution; 01-22-2014 at 07:00 PM.
devolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
devolution
crazy diamond

current shipping cost is $12.35, making the total amount for purchase $77.35.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
devolution
crazy diamond

just to update, these are still available. send me a PM for information.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
devolution
crazy diamond

Default still available...

Just want to let everyone know these are still available, at least for now. My dad has two ready to go and is wondering whether it's worth getting the pieces for more. If you want one or think you might at some point in the near future, now would be a good time to let me know so I can relay to him that there is still a demand for them.

The price is still the same as what's posted in the at the top of the thread.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Illuciv

Illuciv is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread. But if he has a couple laying around I'd be interested.
Illuciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:30 AM   #6
niki

niki is on a distinguished road

I’m interested is it still available
niki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:37 AM   #7
Hockeyman

Hockeyman is on a distinguished road

I have a spare available if anyone needs, if OP does not have any left.
Hockeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #8
niki

niki is on a distinguished road

Hit me up Hockeyman I got cash app or Vimeo
niki is offline   Reply With Quote