AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
JamesGates

JamesGates is on a distinguished road
Default Alpine CM3919R 1992 Legend Coupe Display Problem

I am the proud owner of a 1992 Legend Coupe, but I have a problem with the Alpine radio unit. For some reason the radio unit display has stopped working and none of the buttons work, other than the on and balance/fader. The unit does power up, the antenna raises, I get radio static, and the tape deck plays, but thats it.

I have a changed the head unit (a friend of mine has the same car and put in an after market unit into his) and still have the same problem. I have changed the 10A and 7.5A fuses, I have tested the wiring using a multimetre and am getting 12V at power, battery backup and illumi+ when the lights are on.

The law of probabilities dictates that it probably isnt the same problem with both Alpine units and must be something to do with the car but I cant for the life of me thing what it might be?

Id really appreciate any help that you guys might be able to give me because this really has got me stumped.

Many thanks and kidest regards

James
JamesGates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #2
Zachari86

Zachari86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGates View Post
I am the proud owner of a 1992 Legend Coupe, but I have a problem with the Alpine radio unit. For some reason the radio unit display has stopped working and none of the buttons work, other than the on and balance/fader. The unit does power up, the antenna raises, I get radio static, and the tape deck plays, but thats it.

I have a changed the head unit (a friend of mine has the same car and put in an after market unit into his) and still have the same problem. I have changed the 10A and 7.5A fuses, I have tested the wiring using a multimetre and am getting 12V at power, battery backup and illumi+ when the lights are on.

The law of probabilities dictates that it probably isnt the same problem with both Alpine units and must be something to do with the car but I cant for the life of me thing what it might be?

Id really appreciate any help that you guys might be able to give me because this really has got me stumped.

Many thanks and kidest regards

James
Sounds like an issue with the antenna... I had issues getting mine to work when I installed my new pioneer but I had to remove all the Japanese converters in behind the stereo lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Zachari86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
radieon
What the Diff

What does the wiring look like? Radio installation is a skill, and hopefully there aren't any crossed wires anywhere.
radieon is offline   Reply With Quote