AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #61
Espada

Espada is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Also, the 94-95 brackets are different from the 91-93 bracket which is important to note.
If you do a search (can't remember if it's here or in .com), you will find that the subframe brakets are interchangeable regardless of year (91-95) and 2dr or 4dr. The only difference is the stiffness of the rubber bushings. Even the front beam was superceded by the new one ("type II"), which just has the nuts welded on for the front center motor mount (if needed you use them, if not it's just used as the "type I"). What is definately different, depending on year and model, is the front mounts and the brackets that connect the engine to the mounts. Look it up and you'll see. I think SR5GUY, as well as many other knowledgable members participated in that thread, and (don't quote me on this) I could almost swear that you did as well.
Btw not trying to discredit you, just trying to get the right info out there.

I found the thread here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/suspension-t16998p2.html, but there has also been some on .com that I participated in also.
Read post #20 (a response to a post I made) right after a post you made.

Last edited by Espada; 08-29-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #62
J.Kurl
ANTI CORPORATE

J.Kurl is on a distinguished road

strong interest in these if produced, someone please contact me.
J.Kurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #63
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada View Post
If you do a search (can't remember if it's here or in .com), you will find that the subframe brakets are interchangeable regardless of year (91-95) and 2dr or 4dr. The only difference is the stiffness of the rubber bushings. Even the front beam was superceded by the new one ("type II"), which just has the nuts welded on for the front center motor mount (if needed you use them, if not it's just used as the "type I"). What is definately different, depending on year and model, is the front mounts and the brackets that connect the engine to the mounts. Look it up and you'll see. I think SR5GUY, as well as many other knowledgable members participated in that thread, and (don't quote me on this) I could almost swear that you did as well.
Btw not trying to discredit you, just trying to get the right info out there.

I found the thread here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/suspension-t16998p2.html, but there has also been some on .com that I participated in also.
Read post #20 (a response to a post I made) right after a post you made.

I think you are correct. It's the brackets in front of the LCA bushings that has been changed from 94-95 because of the different motor mounts.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #64
like no other
Getting It Done

like no other will become famous soon enough

Did anyone's poly filled radius bushing last or rather how long?

When I was doing research a few months ago for these mounts I found a company that would take the stock ones burn out the old rubber, mold and heat treat in new poly in whatever grade you wanted. It was around $250 for a pair but I can't find where I put the damn info. hgeez:

Last edited by like no other; 03-14-2012 at 11:50 PM.
like no other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #65
like no other
Getting It Done

like no other will become famous soon enough

So I guess I can take it that anyone with poly fill radius mounts lasted a while
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #66
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower

I did mine, it lasts but u gotta make sure u do it right or it will fuck up. I did one side twice because it would pop out

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #67
Jonslegend
Ive Got 2nd Gear!!!!

Jonslegend will become famous soon enough

Success!!! hyundai sonata bushings installed. Now just gotta modify a lil more and were golden

It's not Gold, It's Cashmere
Jonslegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #68
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Whats the part number and what is needed in order to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #69
Legend37

Legend37 is on a distinguished road

Those are the Hyundai bushings that have been mentioned in several threads, they run around $24/each. The outer diameter of them need to be shaved a few tenths of a millimeter in order to fit into the housing on the Legend bracket. Jon, I would love some full details, please! The machine shop said they could get it done, but it would cost me around $350 for the labor.
Legend37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower

freeze the bushing and pop it in... thats what I heard he was gonna do.

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote