AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

The website is www.prospeedpower.com

There you will see the "kit" that I am referring to

Also, yes, same type of injectors, larger volume, which is why it requires a tune to even start up right.
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #42
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
The website is www.prospeedpower.com

There you will see the "kit" that I am referring to

Also, yes, same type of injectors, larger volume, which is why it requires a tune to even start up right.
those adapter "caps" and connectors are pretty easy to make, injectors could be used from civic type R with K20 series engine, only sr5guy have the piece of work which is worth to pay for
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #43
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

AFAIK, the K series injectors are different from the RDX injectors, so unless the EDM Type R has different injectors, those K-Series injectors wont work the same as the RDX ones...
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #44
soloist
OCD Legend member

The RDX injectors are different from the the K series and other 4-cyl applications because they were intended to maximize atomization with the RDX turbo setup (which is also why they flow so much more). Actually, a lot of K and B series guys are swapping them in as well, which is why there are so many 4-cylinder kits out there.

I don't want to pester Matt but I was kind of wondering how his progress is going with the cold start up issue on his end. Time keeps slipping away, and I keep thinking, if I can get these injectors in shortly after first start up with the 3.5 that Tony is doing for me would be awesome, plus, it would save me another two hours of driving, then again, I'll probably be wanting to take the Legend everywhere so I won't mind I know Matt has a lot on his plate right now, so we'll see.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

He's working on it, but the biggest thing is, you wont be able to just run the car with the RDX injectors. Matt is working on a tuning interface, I got a chance to check it out a little last weekend, quite cool.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 04-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #46
soloist
OCD Legend member

Oh I know, I talked to Matt about it at length. He is designing something pretty special, it's all very exciting. I made the mistake of just diving in with picking up the injectors, adapter kit, and and AEM adjustable FPR, I am just ridiculously anxious to get everything installed near the same time the 3.5 is finished...it's been realized that that isn't really a possibility given the time frame allotted.

Just to clarify, you don't mean that you will always have to have a laptop, or tuning interface, running shotgun with you at all times? I understand that the injectors themselves require a specifically designed program to even run at all, and that further tuning is required to make them a real "bolt-on" so to speak.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #47
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

The way I understand it is, there will be a base map that will start and run the engine. That map can be manually corrected via pc port or another remote uplink to tweak the tune and improve various set points in the table maps for literally everything, air fuel, timing etc. The stock ecu will be just as versatile as the AEM ems if not more, and is just as capable if not more capable than it as well. All that for a mere fraction of the cost.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #48
hustlav6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
AFAIK, the K series injectors are different from the RDX injectors, so unless the EDM Type R has different injectors, those K-Series injectors wont work the same as the RDX ones...

damn , but how is that possible? type R engine is K20, rdx engine is K23 so its still K series, both of those injectors look the same, no pintle style peak and hold type, only colour is different, i know there must be some interchangeability between acura rdx and one of edm honda, there is no way that none of european modern hondas aren't using the same injectors as rdx
Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #49
soloist
OCD Legend member

Hmm...interesting, well, the RDX is turbocharged so the injectors aren't the same even just comparing volume. The RDX injectors perform as 410cc injectors at 38psi, if it is indeed just the atomization and not also the reduction in duty cycle then perhaps the stock injectors from another K series motor may do something similar, but, the RDX does not use the same injectors as other K series motors because of the turbo application, again higher volume. I'll let Matt chime in on the rest, when he can, as I there may be something I am not accounting for here.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #50
hustlav6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
Hmm...interesting, well, the RDX is turbocharged so the injectors aren't the same even just comparing volume. The RDX injectors perform as 410cc injectors at 38psi, if it is indeed just the atomization and not also the reduction in duty cycle then perhaps the stock injectors from another K series motor may do something similar, but, the RDX does not use the same injectors as other K series motors because of the turbo application, again higher volume. I'll let Matt chime in on the rest, when he can, as I there may be something I am not accounting for here.
i figured out that oem K20 injector from type R is flowing 310cc and oem legend are flowing 270cc , is there a possibility to use just K20 injectors as bolt on? will the ECU be able to adopt to larger volume injector or there would be a need to insert a new program? i want to try them out as they spray lot better than oem pintle ones, and are relatively cheap comparing to prospeed set