AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Audio and Other Electronics

Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #11
Vipstats

Vipstats is on a distinguished road

This is good to know, thanks Chrispy!!
Vipstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:36 AM   #12
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunk View Post
For anyone who wants the code sooner rather than later:

Called Acura Customer Relations today to get my code.
The number is 1-800-382-2238

Spent about 2 minutes on hold then was asked for my VIN number, then they wanted my name and address, then the stereo serial number.
I was given the code after providing that info no problem.

Pretty sure they only ask for VIN so that they know for sure what model and year you have so this should work even if you do not have the original stereo from your car.
I'm assuming this because I just bought the car and havent registered it yet so they would have noticed that my name wasnt registered with that VIN.
This only works on older models if the radio is still the same radio the vehicle came factory equipped with. The intent of this thread is for those who salvage radios from junkyards or have since replaced their radio with a different head unit due to some kind of headunit failure which is getting common as the Legend gets older.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Last edited by Chrispy; 04-18-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #13
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

I walked into the local dealership last week with head unit from salvage car in hand and my insurance card for one of my Legends. They made a call and within 5 or so minutes I walked out with the code written down on a sticky note. I got home powered the unit up and the code works just fine.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
philipwk

philipwk is on a distinguished road

Hi Crispy ....I have:
Serial No. 003069 (botton of radio)
Serial No. B20811460A (side of radio)

Thank You for your help.
Phil
philipwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #15
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Chrissy has been gone for quite some time now. Call Acura of Augusta and ask for John in parts( tell him I referred you to them).
Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #16
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

No, I'm not gone. I just do not frequent the forum very much and I left the drama cliquey Facebook enthusiast page on my own accord. That said, I haven't worked for Honda for a year now, moved on to a better position with a different company, so I no longer have access to the Honda interactive system for dealers to look up radio codes. You can literally walk into, or call, any Honda or Acura dealer with the head unit serial number to retrieve the radio code.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #17
radieon
What the Diff

I wasn't sure if there was a reason that Acura's website was not mentioned in retrieving the codes (cutting out the middle man ), but I used it a couple of months ago when the radio in my Rosewood powered on one day. Here is the website:

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

When you put in the radio's serial number, the website will ask for an email address and other personal information before sending the code to your inbox.
radieon is offline   Reply With Quote