AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Legend / RL Galleries > Second Gen RL Gallery -- 2005 - Present

Old 09-26-2021, 12:31 AM   #1
Vespers47

Vespers47 is on a distinguished road
Default FL to NC, KB1 Going Strong

About two years ago, I was having my second son and decided it was time for a new 'hobby' ride...

The folks, having an an 06'... (before getting rid of it for the 09 TL [aka, the 'batmobile'] ) is where I fell in love with it.. (these same folks had 3 91 Legends, in my lifetime.)

Alas, I purchased this beauty, under 70k miles, one family owner, and proceeded to pay it off. (Got it for a great price too!)
... but, like with anything secondhand it needs some loving... (center vinyl [ugh.. WHY, acura?]; glovebox [in that taupe/mauve color, too... damn!]; door rests [the vinyl again!] )

As the title states, it was kept in a non climate controlled Florida garage. . Then Irma took their power out to top it off.. and it's got the 'bubbles'. . . BADLY! ��

So, I've searched. EVERYWHERE. Figured I'd try, here.
Recently moved to NC, and figured now is as good a time as any, to 'restore' ol'boy to its former glory.. but still can't find a decent glovebox to replace 'bubbles'.. I mean, you could leave a fingerprint in it, it's so bad..

So, if anyone wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for one for ol'boy; yins n yall would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows a decent upholsterer near NC/GA/East TN area... I'll drive past Tellico to Madisonville if I must...

Ol'boy deserves it.. A-spec parts/Bluetooth audio/ trunk net/weathertech mats/ would be appreciated for purchase.

Also, would anyone know how to 'readjust the rear camera? Apparently in the move; and out of heat exhaustion, I may have 'slammed' the trunk shut... knocking the rear camera into a 'rear bumper' view. Can this be easily adjusted back to the 'rear' view, opposed to looking at my own bumper?

I'm also on Acurazine, albeit under a different name.

Any help, please?

P.S. - I did forget to state... 08 RL w/TechPkg. No CMBS... I thought it was 'gimmicky' and I couldn't do the runflats... So I looked high and lo- to find 'Gatsby here... Ol Sport is bone stock. . .
Recently put got rid of the Sumitomo PO2, for the PO3s... and so far, I'm in love with them. Traction, on demand.
I also got a VSA to replace, so gotta rewrite on a used if I can find an 06+ VSA... (trying to avoid the 05 recall ones.)

Last edited by Vespers47; 09-26-2021 at 12:39 AM.
Vespers47 is offline   Reply With Quote