AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
twotone_ra64

twotone_ra64 is on a distinguished road
Cool New Member KA7 GS II, SF Bay Area

Hi everyone, I've recently acquired a '94 KA7 GS Type II. It's a local car from Marin Acura, black-on-black GS sedan, 4-speed auto. You may know me from being active in the Facebook group, but wanted to post here to keep track of my vehicle progress and I prefer traditional forums anyway. :biggrin:

Some story - while my Miata was being repaired after an accident in August 2021, my aunt let me borrow her rosewood brown 1991 L sedan, and I fell in love with the platform. I put about $500 into her car (it was highly abused; needed every fluid flush and spark plugs) and got it running smoothly. Despite being a big body sedan, it handled really well and the C32 V6 was smooth and powerful. One slow afternoon, I went to a local pick-n-pull and happened to meet a fellow member of the community. He let me know about a 1994 GS that he fixed the BHG's on and rebuilt, and was looking to sell it.

Once the Miata was repaired, I gave my aunt her car back. Few months later, I checked out the black GS and test drove it. Some months after that, I got the paperwork and registration sorted. Now she's mine!

Say hello to Lilith the Legend:
https://i.imgur.com/DWaOyqfh.jpg

Also, seems that the BBcode "img" tag isn't enabled on this forum? The BBcode guide says it can work but it doesn't seem to play nice with Imgur.
'95 Prelude Si - The Dead Tweaker Queen (237k)

Last edited by twotone_ra64; 04-07-2022 at 10:36 AM.
twotone_ra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the fam!

I spent a little time in Oxford California last October after the National Acura Legend Meet was in Phoenix last year. I enjoyed my visits to Mt. Diablo as well as Vista Point (Golden Gate Bridge for the uninformed who may also read this). I sure hate to see what the price of gas is out there now AFTER things have skyrocketed in the past what 7 months. I remember seeing across the bridge (I forget the county name after passing Vista Point) prices a bit over $5.00 a gallon then.

Enjoy the cruising around in the 1994 GS. I do love riding around in mine!
Old 04-07-2022, 01:02 PM   #3
twotone_ra64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Welcome to the fam!

I spent a little time in Oxford California last October after the National Acura Legend Meet was in Phoenix last year. I enjoyed my visits to Mt. Diablo as well as Vista Point (Golden Gate Bridge for the uninformed who may also read this). I sure hate to see what the price of gas is out there now AFTER things have skyrocketed in the past what 7 months. I remember seeing across the bridge (I forget the county name after passing Vista Point) prices a bit over $5.00 a gallon then.

Enjoy the cruising around in the 1994 GS. I do love riding around in mine!
Thank you!! That's Marin County north of the bridge, generally the area around SF has pretty expensive gas. It hurts a little to fill up the tank on my GS, $5.60 at Costco, but the reward from driving her everyday is great.

I'm currently getting her caught up on maintenance & repairing things as I go; did the 4x transmission flush, P/S flush and bled the brakes after an RL caliper bracket and 11.8" rotor upgrade. Currently flushing out the cooling system with Evaporust. Added keyless entry. Upgrading stereo system soon, and tearing out the factory BOSE system since the headunit never worked.

Brake Upgrade:
https://i.imgur.com/MyrApB7h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TowgGQQh.jpg

Tight fit!
https://i.imgur.com/GJ1eZ6Mh.jpg

Headlights (yellow bulbs in USDM, looks JDM enough!):
https://i.imgur.com/69dnj38h.jpg

Issues I'm chasing down at the moment are that the Lock-up control solenoid only sometimes works, probably down to a gummed up solenoid and that some critter's chewed on the wiring.

A/T harness on body side:
https://i.imgur.com/D9Chz8eh.jpg

I have some Koni + H&R suspension, wheels and Stromung exhaust on the way. Collecting parts for a 6-speed swap as well.

Last little project is to add trunk hinge lift supports to pop the trunk lid up all the way with the additional weight of the factory optioned spoiler. It'll be a nice touch with the KES trunk popper function. I'll make threads on each mod; but how can one add photos to posts without the [img] code enabled?
Old 04-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #4
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

As I understand it posting through Tap-A-Talk (app annoyed me so I shut it down) allows you to post pictures directly and they must be the image code enabling host. Photobucket worked most of us over years ago so few of us add img codes anymore. Ha sounds like some of the things I've done to mine over the years. Well this forum IS the resource to find just about anything to be done with these old gals. There have been a BUNCH of people that have done some VERY IMPRESSIVE builds on these cars but since nobody else at the moment is chit chatting about them should you feel like it check this thread out.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/showthread.php?t=28124
Old 11-07-2022, 10:00 PM   #5
twotone_ra64

Well, I just found out that BBcode is disabled in the intro subforum but should work in the general discussion subforum! So expect a write-up of car progress thusfar. :joy:

Also, your thread link doesn't seem to work anymore... it did when you posted it a while back, though.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:59 PM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

Yeah I'm not sure why my old build thread link isn't working anymore.

Not to be deterred though . . .

https://acuralegend.org/showthread.php?t=28124
Old 11-12-2022, 08:49 AM   #7
twotone_ra64

There we go! A fresh & working link.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #8
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone_ra64 View Post
...Issues I'm chasing down at the moment are that the Lock-up control solenoid only sometimes works, probably down to a gummed up solenoid and that some critter's chewed on the wiring...
I don't know if G2's work the same way, but a lockup problem on my G1 was caused by a faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor. The transmission computer is one of the devices to which it supplies data.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 10:37 PM   #9
twotone_ra64

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone_ra64 View Post
There we go! A fresh & working link.
Bam! Works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLedbetter View Post
I don't know if G2's work the same way, but a lockup problem on my G1 was caused by a faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor. The transmission computer is one of the devices to which it supplies data.

-Kennon
I should follow up- the solenoids tested out fine, the gnawed-on wiring wasn't really an issue; it was actually the fact that my cooling system was not fully bled, so perhaps the ECU temp sensor was getting erroneous readings and not knowing if the engine was warm enough to engage the lockout.