AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #31
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG
JDMKING Legend GOD

L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Found it, and it wasn't even in a PM!

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...offers-100253/

2007, 5 fucking years ago, memory isn't too bad! You were selling a computer, i suggested you buy someone else's ECU, then you said "Yea thanks but i'm just into cruzin not really into speed when i'm in the Legend!".

-Matt
Lol I didn't want a chip I've never heard of and I still say my legend is for cruzin lol not racing !

Fut rip! Knowledge, Wisdom, Understanding = 360 L.A.麺部
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
MondiVTEC
light that shit!

MondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvrLGND View Post
I have a question in regards as to what stage would be appropriate for my car. I don't really have mods but I can slap on an intake and have the Stromung catback exhaust installed. I'm not sure if that would qualify me for a stage II or just get a stage I? Thanks for any answers.
Id go with a stage 2 if youre gonna throw in the intake and bolt on the stromung...or have a custom y pipe made and get a stage 3
MondiVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
EvrLGND

EvrLGND is on a distinguished road

Already have the Stromung bolted on I was just wondering what would be more appropriate. If I were to go with a stage 3 would it be thrown off if I added obx's down the line?

Last edited by EvrLGND; 08-05-2012 at 10:19 PM.
EvrLGND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvrLGND View Post
Already have the Stromung bolted on I was just wondering what would be more appropriate. If I were to go with a stage 3 would it be thrown off if I added obx's down the line?
You can go with the stage 3 if you like, all that is required is some type of exhaust system and intake. Stage 2 is if you have only an intake.

-Matt
Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #35
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

I have sr5 chips in both my coupes, and as soon as it is available, I will have the programable ECU from sr5guy. I did drive a Telion chip equiped car a few years back, I wont go into details because it was an older Telion chip, but for my money, sr5 chips are the only chips my car will see. Cant argue with a guy that has completely decodded and modded the Legend ECU to do things that you would have to pay thousands to do with an AEM programable ECU.

Quote:
You can go with the stage 3 if you like, all that is required is some type of exhaust system and intake. Stage 2 is if you have only an intake.

-Matt
Ive ran the stage 3 T1 chip in my 95 3.5 w/RL cams AT coupe without any ill side effects, for what its worth....
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
stage 2 if you only have the stromung correct Matt?

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #37
Gothche

Gothche is on a distinguished road

I have a stage 2 SR5GUY chip which I modified myself, to remove the EGR operation maps and slightly advanced the ignition, it works very well in my all stock type2 1994 LS Coupe 6spd. The only thing I have done is change from octane US 91 AKI premium(95 EU RON octane) to octane US AKI 94-95(EU RON 99 octane).
The car runs very well on this octane with a stage2 chip. It did improve a bit in performance.
Gothche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #38
Telion
Don't doubt it!

Telion will become famous soon enoughTelion will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Telion

Well till I see otherwise my sig reins supreme though it likely should be changed to improve the forums view of Matt and my friendship :hide :

http://firesignsynergy.spaces.live.com 348 whp 309 lbs wtq and just getting warmed up!
3.2 TII Acura Legend Twin Turbo, A force (induction) to be reckoned with
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #39
thegrouch
simple

thegrouch will become famous soon enough

The OP said that someone told him you could REMOVE a chip on the ecu. I am not trying to add credibility to the claim, just saying that it was completely overlooked. Everyone assumed he was talking about adding a chip. Which the OP wasn't.
thegrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #40
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
Well till I see otherwise my sig reins supreme though it likely should be changed to improve the forums view of Matt and my friendship :hide :
Forums view of me? I keep it real, some people can't handle reality and get butthurt. I can't do anything to change that perception, and frankly if you can't handle the fire get out of the furnace. I've dealt with a lot of bullshit over the last 9 years - witchhunts, public call outs, ignorant, impatient, cheap owners, trolls and idiotic members... but here I am - still here running strong doing my part to keep this community together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouch View Post
The OP said that someone told him you could REMOVE a chip on the ecu. I am not trying to add credibility to the claim, just saying that it was completely overlooked. Everyone assumed he was talking about adding a chip. Which the OP wasn't.
Good job pointing that out, I never noticed! And to answer THAT question, the only thing you can remove to change anything is a resistor for an at/mt conversion.

-Matt