AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2021, 05:17 AM   #11
CT-Legend

CT-Legend is on a distinguished road

Watch out for those big cats. I don't think you had to worry about them in NJ.
CT-Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #12
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
My parents moved there almost FOUR YEARS AGO now. Mom has BECOME a Texan and Dad . . . well he is whatever Mom tells him he is!

Eric its mostly good from what I'm told!
We can't complain, so far so good. Have had the pandemic experience since arriving at the end of March 2020.... Haven't gotten around all that much but we bubbled in with our son's family and had our daughter helping us move (drove the sedan in our 3 car caravan and has stayed months working remote from here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Legend View Post
Watch out for those big cats. I don't think you had to worry about them in NJ.
Yeah - there's a 9 month old tiger that was on the loose but captured safely the other day. I haven't heard of big cats like cougars on the loose but for sure there's coyotes (we had them in NJ along with bears, pesty deers, foxes, etc.).... I have a barrier of pasture cows as a "shield" and haven't seen a deer yet. Waiting for the armadillos and rattlesnakes to make an appearance.

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #13
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Recently had to redo the coupe’s rear brakes due to my failure to recognize incompetence on the part of a local Houston area mechanic shop. Counting the original fiasco with that shop in February this was the 3rd time I had to address the rear brakes. The 2nd time was to fix all the incompetence on the first part. The 3rd time was to really address the bad quality parts of the first part in the rears.

I originally had all the calipers and brackets painted, the incompetent of the first part told me at the time basically “…. It’s not New York, it’s Houston where painted calipers aren’t needed…”

Well from February this year to June take a look at all the oxidation on the unpainted rear brakes!

As long as my now favored mechanic shop was working on the coupe (other issues successfully addressed) they refreshed the entire set of front and rears. The front brakes have the same rotors and caliper setup, just “cleaned up” to the point that I did not recognize that the rotors were the same as before. The rear brakes had to have new rotors (coated) and the same calipers painted!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-23-2021, 07:50 AM   #14
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a nice job was done on those rear rotors and calipers for sure there Eric. I might have an unused G2 epoxy paint kit (in BLUE of course!) available soon as I don't believe I'll be changing over any of the FULL FRONT& REAR Type II caliper and bracket set I've found sitting in the basement. I even had a set of ULTRA RUSTED UP dual piston Type II front calipers to use as cores for a purchase of another set (if you could even FIND them these days) just in case. Now I just have to find the motivation and time to make them all available to anyone who might need a set. I won't run these calipers without painting them as they oxidize and look HORRIBLE in a VERY SHORT TIME. In fact the last set I got from RockAuto that looked GREAT coming out of the boxes were brown oxidized looking horrors within a month! Had I KNOWN they would have done that (although they looked like they had been treated) I would have painted them before having them put onto the car as they're a bit trickier to paint when mounted.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:58 PM   #15
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Default Has Legend to Grave gone mad?

It was time for me to crazy with the sedan!

I cruised out to Chandler, AZ for this year’s 2020 - 2021 NALM in the sedan while the coupe was getting a fuel system overhaul (new gas tank and fuel lines) and felt that I could definitely use a upgrade on the brakes (besides maybe a strut tower bar), it’s handling is nowhere near what my coupe’s type II setup with the “RL” front brakes are (type II calipers, RL brackets, and 300 mm rotors) and whatever else it’s type II DNA has. Definitely felt it cruising the AZ scenic side roads with the group.

Shout out to Alan Jackson for the dual piston calipers!

It seems that the sedan’s type 1 brake setup needed to have it’s “ears” trimmed back a bit. I don’t remember having to do that with my coupe (type II), just a little fiddling with the dust shields.

As long as I was upgrading and I had not done anything brake wise since I got the car in 2016, replaced back rotors and pads as well. All the rotors have anti-corrosion coating, all the calipers were cleaned up and recoated with new paint even though they already had a black coat of paint.

Who’s got a strut tower bar from the last group buy!?!!???

You can see where the “ears” were trimmed

300 mm rotors, type II caliper, RL bracket

Rear

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 12-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #16
PSA

PSA is on a distinguished road

Nice to see the "Legends" are all still doing well.
PSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #17
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSA View Post
Nice to see the "Legends" are all still doing well.
Hi Peter - how are you doing? Nice to see you posting.

Here’s some recent pictures for your appreciation!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 12-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #18
Daddykay24

Daddykay24 is on a distinguished road

Eric, it maybe the lighting but that sedan looks great.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:38 PM   #19
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddykay24 View Post
Eric, it maybe the lighting but that sedan looks great.

Thanks!

Yes the lighting was pretty good as well, maybe better, earlier in the fall season than when the coupe’s photo was taken. You can see the sedan’s shadow is more defined than for the coupe’s photo. Our cars are pretty photogenic aren’t they!

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 12-19-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:56 PM   #20
Daddykay24

Daddykay24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Thanks!

Yes the lighting was pretty good as well, maybe better, earlier in the fall season than when the coupe’s photo was taken. You can see the sedan’s shadow is more defined than for the coupe’s photo. Our cars are pretty photogenic aren’t they!
You are correct. These old war horses are photogenic. I've recently had a few set directors inquire about renting mine for 90s film scenes.