AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 AM   #41
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

My sedan has been with me for 17 years, 11 months and 27 days before I put in a keyless entry system in it yesterday. I would like to thank Marc Davidoff for sending me a complete set such as the one pictured in post #1.

First thing I had to do was mount the bracket and control box on the lower dash cover. Not hard, but everything was taken off the dash cover so I could get the right angle to drill the two holes. I also took off the cover from my coupe so I could use it as a template for my work.

Connecting the red and yellow wires to the security unit is an impossible task without dropping the security unit. See picture below off cell phone. The connection is at the top.

So if you see a car at a junkyard that have the two black plastic covers on the bottom of the dash cover, you know it has the control box and wiring harness in the car. Worthwhile to pull the pieces and then call Acura of Augusta and order a remote from John Landis.

4HondaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #42
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Awesome job, Kevin. Now that you are a veteran Keyless guy, wanna come
do a couple of my Legends?
Old 01-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #43
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I thought you couldn't order the fobs separate from the brain because they lack a learn mode like modern cars?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #44
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
I thought you couldn't order the fobs separate from the brain because they lack a learn mode like modern cars?

No - if you have the brain box you just have to contact John at Acura of Augusta and he can still have Kenwood program a new fob based off the serial number on the brain box. It is about $80 each. Last I spoke to him about this a few months ago, he did mention that Kenwood may not be providing the service anymore in the near future
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:10 PM   #45
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Cool. I hope someday they start selling aftermarket keyless entry systems with integrated alarm notifications for less than the cost of this OEM system

RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 AM   #46
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Awesome job, Kevin. Now that you are a veteran Keyless guy, wanna come
do a couple of my Legends?
No problem, as long as we take out the driver's seat. I'm not 18 anymore and it's too hard to be a contortionist working on the security module after it's dropped down.

4HondaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:46 AM   #47
I_M_Legend

I_M_Legend is on a distinguished road

New member here but been on FB a while. I made a plug and play alternative if anyone is interested. Installs with the same connectors as the factory system.

I_M_Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 04:21 PM   #48
Acura2g
Acura Enthusiast

Acura2g is on a distinguished road

Here's how you program OEM keyless module and match keys.

https://youtu.be/ZwcJUsvX5JI?si=7ZYiwg_uTvj0cuAW

Current Acura/Hondas: 2017 Honda Ridgeline BE, 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec, 2003 Acura CL Type-S 6spd, 1992 Acura Legend LS Coupe
Previous Acura/Hondas: 1990 Acura Integra Sedan, 1992 Acura Integra Coupe, 1995 Acura Legend Sedan, 1995 Acura Legend GS 6spd, 1997 Acura CL 3.0, 1999 Acura TL, 2007 Honda Pilot
Acura2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:18 PM   #49
I_M_Legend

I_M_Legend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_M_Legend View Post
New member here but been on FB a while. I made a plug and play alternative if anyone is interested. Installs with the same connectors as the factory system.

Still available. $260 shipped in the US. PM if interested
I_M_Legend is offline   Reply With Quote