AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 07-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #11
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

7900 RPM redline!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #12
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Love it! And insanely envious of you stable lol! Saw on your blog those rpms at 70...makes me feel a little better about my G1s gearing I guess lol (3k at 70). Congrats! My wife told me to stay up to date too should you ever want to sell that Vigor (she loves the color). No way I'm arguing with that directive!
Haha, thanks Gabe! I've been having tons of fun with both the Green Machines. The Vigor will be in the fleet for awhile yet - it has been super reliable for the few miles I've put on it (currently only 105,000 or so). But I believe you're the first to express interest so I shall keep you posted!
Quote:
Oh btw what is causing the emissions issues? Cat? EGR?
I'm a little baffled. We are troubleshooting it now. The NOX reading came back almost double what it needed to be, and Hydrocarbons were a little high too. Yes we are thinking EGR, cat, or a little of both. My mechanic at "Hon-Man" in Tempe has the car right now and we are starting with a basic tune-up and health check. Worst case scenario, I can put Historic tags on the car and collector car insurance - thus avoiding the emissions fiasco altogether. Luckily it turns 25 years old in January so that's an available option!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzarlaluna View Post
7900 RPM redline!!!
I haven't taken it all the way there yet!

Had the windows tinted earlier this week. The car never needed it in Seattle, but in Phoenix it's pretty much a necessity.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #13
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm...with high nox, i would definitely suspect the EGR, but the HCs being high too could point to just plain needing a new cat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #14
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmmm...with high nox, i would definitely suspect the EGR, but the HCs being high too could point to just plain needing a new cat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
^^^California peeps be super learned in the science of emissions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:14 AM   #15
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the rough

Looks like a straight example to me. Love the color, too. Ya know, it's not particularly easy keeping one old car road worthy. At what point do you think you'll need to hire a full time mechanic? Like the perpetually tinkering house painter from Murphy Brown. "Hey Tyson, I noticed the recirculate button wasn't working on the climate control in the integra today. I thought it might be an easy fix, but I've had to replace the wiring loom through the whole dash. It's tip top now, though."
Old 07-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #16
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Congrats there again Tyson. Really makes me miss mine. That car was a blast for sure. Should've kept her but...ohh well, need a barn to keep them all
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #17
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

I seriously want to fly out and just to sit in them then fly home
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote