AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)

Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #51
greenswisher

greenswisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella View Post
Trying to figure out if its worth the time and effort to do this DIY on a car that im for sure selling (92L sedan). Has the same signs as yours with the smoking but not at all horrible. Man Rich, your DIY is detailed, just like i like em.
Try the Rotella t6 to see if it helps at all, but I'd say no. Too much work for a car that you're just quickly fixing up for sale.
greenswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #52
BayAreasFinest
Type 1 King

BayAreasFinest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
*24 Valve seals for your engine. (Honda has diff't for intake/exhaust, Felpro has only one type)
I noticed that a few manufacturers have different part numbers for Intake and Exhaust side Valve Stem seals just like OEM, are these FEL PRO one size only valve stem seals adequate? I ordered the felpro before noting there was a difference...
Type 1 stock NA full interior = 14.8 @ 93 MPH
Type 1 CAI NA and DR's full interior = 14.5 @ 94 MPH
My Legend = http://youtu.be/XimYbO6fvRs
BayAreasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #53
Joedoak

Joedoak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
I noticed that a few manufacturers have different part numbers for Intake and Exhaust side Valve Stem seals just like OEM, are these FEL PRO one size only valve stem seals adequate? I ordered the felpro before noting there was a difference...
You're fine. They are the same.
Joedoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #54
BayAreasFinest
Type 1 King

BayAreasFinest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedoak View Post
You're fine. They are the same.

Thanks, just thought it was weird that there were 2 different numbers.
Type 1 stock NA full interior = 14.8 @ 93 MPH
Type 1 CAI NA and DR's full interior = 14.5 @ 94 MPH
My Legend = http://youtu.be/XimYbO6fvRs
BayAreasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote