AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > Second Generation Legend (1991 - 1995)
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2016, 06:10 PM   #81
Vermonter

Vermonter is on a distinguished road

I hate to be the guy that revives an ancient thread, but It's probably better than making a new post...

Just wondering if all these same rules apply to a Vigor?
I failed to see where this DIY mentioned if this swap was v6 or I5 specific.
Great write-up BTW
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #82
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

The forum is specific to Legends so it is for that platform

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #83
Vermonter

My bad, that was a super noob question. For some reason I was thinking the Legend came with an I5 option. Someone directed me to this thread because I was trying to research a trans swap in my Vigor. Maybe he thought they were the same too. There's very little information out there for Vigors unfortunately.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #84
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermonter View Post
My bad, that was a super noob question. For some reason I was thinking the Legend came with an I5 option. Someone directed me to this thread because I was trying to research a trans swap in my Vigor. Maybe he thought they were the same too. There's very little information out there for Vigors unfortunately.
As a rule, with virtually negligible exceptions you can move forward assuming that there is nothing on the Legend platform that applies to your Vigor other than anecdotal practices and opinions.

You would have better luck on a TL forum but I suspect little carryover for you in those circles. In this day and age if you find an absence of Vigor specific forums or other resources then you just need to assume you will boldly go where no one has gone before.

live long, prosper and may the force be with you.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #85
Vermonter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
As a rule, with virtually negligible exceptions you can move forward assuming that there is nothing on the Legend platform that applies to your Vigor other than anecdotal practices and opinions.

You would have better luck on a TL forum but I suspect little carryover for you in those circles. In this day and age if you find an absence of Vigor specific forums or other resources then you just need to assume you will boldly go where no one has gone before.

live long, prosper and may the force be with you.

rich
I'm not completely alone. There's a wealth of knowledge in this forum regardless. Mechanics, previous Vigor owners, etc. I made an assumption that the Legend had an I5 option without researching, and that's egg on my face now so at least I know what questions not to ask from here on out. haha I will keep any activity on here limited to the off topic section or my introduction page. I'm glad to poke around here either way.

I'm betting there is a lot of information in this topic that will apply to my attempt at swapping out my automatic, I just might have to make a few side notes. Very detailed and well written DIY. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #86
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Some install notes:
*Simply removing the blue plug from an auto ecu WILL run. But it wont idle properly. Cut resistor 422 in the ecu, pics in ecu section of acuralegendwiki.org
*Instead of stacking washers u der the trans mount bracket and buying new bolts, spend less than $100 having a tig welder cut the mount woth a bandsaw and add 2" by 1/4" billet to the ears, uses oe bolts. Pics upon request ask via pm
*you dont need a whole manual cluster, just swap a manual cluster bezel onto your auto cluster
*instead of running new wires for reverse lights and reverse lockout, i used the auto harness that goes from the ecu to above the brake booster. There are four shift solenoid wires, red, blue, gray, and white that i used. Cut the plug off your old auto trans and itll look oem going to trans.
*as Alex posted on page 5, you need to connect the pink, blk/wht and blk/yel wites that are behind the ashtray as per op on page 1 of this thread.
*93 type 1 ecus do not have reverse lockout built in, A8 goes to the fcu via a dk green wire and appears to do nothing whatsoever
Old 07-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #87
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

uploadfromtaptalk1530457213278.jpg yup....no need to buy the whole cluster!
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote