AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Old 09-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #1
AckUp

AckUp is on a distinguished road
Default Rims from the 90’s

Hello all,

I used to own several legends in the past and I’m interested in purchasing one in the near future. I have a question.... I would like to know if anyone on here remembers these particular popular rims of the 90’s sported on legends, I remember they were called “V3’s”. I believe that was the model. It was a 6 star with gold rivets around. Does anyone remember the brand of that rim? And if I could find those particular rims anywhere or something remotely close to it? Also, if anyone has any pics of those rims it would be great. Thanks
AckUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
AckUp

Anybody???

So I guess no one remembers V3’s?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Hmm the name that came to mind for me was Antera Wheels. After doing a search I don't know if they made a 6 point wheel. They made a VERY popular 3 point star wheel back in the day and a 5 point as well. Sadly there probably aren't very many active members on here that would remember back to the 90s. There were TONS of wheels back then (well I guess that is still the same now) but you'll probably have to find out a little more about who made them or need a picture. Most of the older meet pictures would have likely been on .com and I couldn't tell you if ANYTHING over there is still active.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
AckUp

Thanks for you response and help. I do remember the Antera’s. Especially the 3 spoke. The rims I’m talking about were 6 spoke. But you’re right around the same time line. Another popular rim was the Adonis. Which I did find some pics of on a few websites. I just wish they reintroduce rims sort of like Jordans are reintroduced as retros. That would be cool. Would love to see a legend coupe with some retro V3’s is 20”.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #5
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

I got to thinking and then it hit me about having a retro wheel link somewhere on the internet. After a few keystrokes this came up: https://www.ebay.com/b/Vintage-and-C...0747/bn_557842 I knew of a company that can remake wheel caps (if you have one of the originals they can clone it) but hadn't thought about anyone remaking the wheels. I suppose if the price was right any cnc machine shop could but probably would need specs or a wheel to get the specs from. I'm on what is now considered an old wheel but it isn't anywhere near as old as the 90s.