AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 07-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
devolution
crazy diamond

devolution will become famous soon enough

dude, thank you SO much, this is awesome. helm manuals are sweet, but i haven't felt like dropping the $$ for them.
devolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #22
Ablest31

Ablest31 is on a distinguished road

Man, i cant any of the manuals to download
Ablest31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #23
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablest31 View Post
Man, i cant any of the manuals to download
If your problem is server-side, using a download manager will allow you to resume broken downloads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
The server is still having some issues, but if your internet connection is fast enough you'll be able to download the file in time before the server "hiccups". Also if you use a download manager you can resume the download from where it stopped after a disconnect rather than having to start over from the beginning.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #24
Ablest31

Ablest31 is on a distinguished road

thanks
Ablest31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
devolution
crazy diamond

the original copy of the complete manual in PDF file that i downloaded a couple of years ago was called "91-93manual.pdf" or something similar that indicated the years it covered. there's another one linked in here as the "original" G2 manual PDF (on arnach.net), which appears to be the same file as what i have.

is there a version of this that is updated for 94-95? were there any differences that needed to be covered? i ask because i'm looking at the '94 i just got and there's a big fat AC hose (i think that's what it is) that runs across the engine, tied to the strut bar, and my '93 definitely does not have one of those. that makes me wonder what other differences (besides TCS) there are that might not be covered in the manual i have.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #26
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolution View Post
the original copy of the complete manual in PDF file that i downloaded a couple of years ago was called "91-93manual.pdf" or something similar that indicated the years it covered. there's another one linked in here as the "original" G2 manual PDF (on arnach.net), which appears to be the same file as what i have.
Your old manual is a 91-93 EDM manual. Delete it. Not only does it only cover 91-93, the differences between USDM and EDM are too numerous to bother *guessing* if the information you're looking at relates to your car.

The manuals now available on the wiki (link in the first post of this thread) are brand new and are cover all years of USDM G2 Legends, 91-95. (G1 Legend and G1 RL are also available). The 91-95 Sedan FSM has also been partialy converted for online viewing (LegendWiki - G2: Service Manuals And TSBs: FSM-LG9195), or if you prefer you can still download that one in PDF format with the link at the bottom of that page.

Quote:
is there a version of this that is updated for 94-95? were there any differences that needed to be covered? i ask because i'm looking at the '94 i just got and there's a big fat AC hose (i think that's what it is) that runs across the engine, tied to the strut bar, and my '93 definitely does not have one of those. that makes me wonder what other differences (besides TCS) there are that might not be covered in the manual i have.
That is indeed an AC hose. In late-1993 to 1995 cars, the line from the compressor to the evaporator goes over the engine with the strut bar, in 1991 to early-93 models that line goes between the radiator and condenser.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 12-09-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
devolution
crazy diamond

great, thanks for the clarification! i downloaded the G2 manual already. i prefer the complete PDF version as going backward in the "linked" PDF version can be difficult. i have the linked ones for the electrical manuals.

i guess the other being EDM would explain why "differential" is spelled "differencial". i been wondering about that.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #28
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quote:
great, thanks for the clarification! i downloaded the G2 manual already. i prefer the complete PDF version as going backward in the "linked" PDF version can be difficult. i have the linked ones for the electrical manuals.
I'm with you there, I HATE the way they are split into individual PDFs. After I get a full manual converted to the online format it should be easy from there to create 5 single-file PDFs, one for each year. Unfortunately there's no possible way of automating the task, so it needs to be done page by page, and that takes some time.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 12-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #29
gsdreams

gsdreams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
I'm with you there, I HATE the way they are split into individual PDFs. After I get a full manual converted to the online format it should be easy from there to create 5 single-file PDFs, one for each year. Unfortunately there's no possible way of automating the task, so it needs to be done page by page, and that takes some time.
With the way the Helm's are setup you would have a hard time splitting the years.

Combining it into one file I have considered (since I have acrobat pro), but that may cause the push button link features to become a mess which is why I haven't attempted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend37 View Post
All I got to say is, once you drive a Legend, you fall in love forever.
gsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
With the way the Helm's are setup you would have a hard time splitting the years.

Combining it into one file I have considered (since I have acrobat pro), but that may cause the push button link features to become a mess which is why I haven't attempted it.
Been there, tried that... Along with Adobe's own Acrobat X Pro, I've tried practically every retail, freeware, shareware, and open source PDF tool in existence, including professional plugins for Acrobat, there's just no way to combine multiple PDFs while maintaining links and bookmarks. Manually combining single-year PDFs page-by-page is the only solution, and will be a very simple task, after the monumental task of separating them page-by-page for online viewing is completed.