AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 06-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #51
Aking

Aking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aking
Default And it begins...3.2L Motor/Tranny Pull #2

My buddies 94 sedan arrived to the garage today. Time to get busy. The plan is a full head gasket replacement with Felpro gaskets with heads cleaned and resurfaced.

Oh yea and it has a working cup holder. Funny this was the first thing I checked when I got in the car lol.

I'm hoping to have this done in the next 2 weeks. I have to go out to town for work so can't start tearing it down until this coming Saturday. Hopefully I can get the heads off and to the machine shop by next Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.daytonohioautodetailing.com

Last edited by Aking; 06-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Aking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #52
jonatbaylor

jonatbaylor is on a distinguished road

I know this is a couple of years old but nice job man

Your thread helps me build some willpower to fix my legend. I think I have a BHG and I'm leaning towards a local JDM motor because of the miles on my current motor. I'm looking at replacing a bunch of stuff - New mounts, water pump, rear engine seal, new belts, new hoses, tensioner, camshaft seals, valve stem seals. All of the accessories really aren't that bad in price through rock auto.

I was able to do the brakes, wheel assembly, struts, shocks and rack pinion for my Tahoe but I'm not sure if my Danmar scissor lift will allow me to drop the MT due to the lift design. I hate the idea of paying a shop to do it.
jonatbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote