AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Aking

Aking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aking
Default Meguiars Wax & Polish

So I ordered the Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Orbitor Buffer a few weeks ago and I love it. It came in a kit with Meguiars #105 Ultra Cut Compound and #205 Ultra Finish polish.

I'm looking for that mirror finish shine for my wife's TL. I buffed the car with both and it looked amazing, but I feel like it could pop a bit more.

Is there any other finishing or wax sealants that I should pair up with these to get that ultimate show car shine? I just feel like I'm missing a step.

One thing I probably should have done before I started buffing was to clay bar her car.

www.daytonohioautodetailing.com
Aking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking View Post
So I ordered the Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Orbitor Buffer a few weeks ago and I love it. It came in a kit with Meguiars #105 Ultra Cut Compound and #205 Ultra Finish polish.

I'm looking for that mirror finish shine for my wife's TL. I buffed the car with both and it looked amazing, but I feel like it could pop a bit more.

Is there any other finishing or wax sealants that I should pair up with these to get that ultimate show car shine? I just feel like I'm missing a step.

One thing I probably should have done before I started buffing was to clay bar her car.

Instead of claying the old fashion route, try the Nanoskin Autoscrub pad and save your arm and some of your time. You can pick up the pad on eBay for $30 shipped. Don't forget the lube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFCJuSahCGE

http://www.nanoskinusa.com/products/...em/as-006.html

Specifically for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEWl3R6TPLo

Last edited by whats77inaname; 04-09-2015 at 01:43 PM.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Instead of claying the old fashion route, try the Nanoskin Autoscrub pad and save your arm and some of your time. You can pick up the pad on eBay for $30 shipped. Don't forget the lube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFCJuSahCGE

http://www.nanoskinusa.com/products/...em/as-006.html
Oh my god. I NEED THAT.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Oh my god. I NEED THAT.
What, lube?

They make 2 pads, fine and medium. Medium is more aggressive, but I don't find many people using it, so make sure you get the correct one (fine).

Last edited by whats77inaname; 04-09-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Lol I just ordered the nano skin kit among other things. The wax or sealant all depend on the prep work. The porter cable is nice but it won't give you results like a flex random orbital or rotary buffer would. As for the wax I like to use the wolf gang 3.0 sealant followed up by black fire black ice. These items are not OTC and are not cheap either. I'm going to be detailing my car in the next couple of weeks and I plan on using Vic's sample wax to see how I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Aking

Haha I have that Blackfire Black Ice hybrid in my shopping cart now.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #7
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

Quote:
Lol I just ordered the nano skin kit among other things. The wax or sealant all depend on the prep work. The porter cable is nice but it won't give you results like a flex random orbital or rotary buffer would. As for the wax I like to use the wolf gang 3.0 sealant followed up by black fire black ice. These items are not OTC and are not cheap either. I'm going to be detailing my car in the next couple of weeks and I plan on using Vic's sample wax to see how I like it.
I'm slowly building out my arsenal. Picked up the Nanoskin pad + Nanoglide, some 1Zeinszett Glanz Shampoo, and some Sonax Polymer Net shield a few days ago. Post up pics on how it all goes, b/c we all know black is the hardest to keep looking clean. What kind of random orbital are you using?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #8
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

I would also look into a good waterless was system. I have the flex 3401 random orbital buffer. I just won this auction which was a steal.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...270710&alt=web

This was my car last year. That was taken before the wax went on.

Quote:
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #9
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

Damn, son!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #10
Aking

Ah man that is niiiice!!!