AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing

Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Just use some Collinite 845

Last edited by MarcD; 04-10-2015 at 07:31 PM.
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #12
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
The porter cable is nice but it won't give you results like a flex random orbital or rotary buffer would.
I use the Griots Garage random orb. and it does as nice a job as any direct drive that I've seen. The random orb. won't burn your paint.

I would only use a direct drive after I was an expert using the random. (I am not even close to an expert using the random.)

The best finish will be starting with the crappy prep work. The clay bar or what ever paint defect remover you choose. The Meg. 105 and 205 is a great combination, and you can always follow up with a pure finishing wax. Fuzion, or BlackFire over Ice then follow with a sealant.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
Aking

Aking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aking

Yup I'm about to order a good sealant and that Blackfire.

www.daytonohioautodetailing.com
Aking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:10 AM   #14
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

*clears throat* *Auto Alchemist* Auto Alchemist* *cough, cough* ... autoalchemist.com

You guys talking about other stuff when a legend brother is making a premium car wax/sealant that blows that junk out of the water? You guys don't even know how good my stuff is? Well, it is spectacular if I do say so myself.

Blackfire Blackshmire...

Man, I am hurt...

Last edited by Vic Cardenas; 04-14-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:03 AM   #15
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Quote:
I'm going to be detailing my car in the next couple of weeks and I plan on using Vic's sample wax to see how I like it.
No one forgot about you Vic

Quote:
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:48 AM   #16
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Hehe... I know you didn't, Jereme. Thanks for repping for me, I did see your post before.
Mr. Dave on the other hand is repping for big old PBMG corporation and hurting my feelings.

Look what I found browsing the interwebs tonight...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiering-E...448940&vxp=mtr

Somebody has gone and listed my wax for $89.99 on ebay. I know who it is but it will be interesting to see how quick they can sell all their units I sold them... With my discount code I gave you guys, it is only $62.09 after discounts on my website. I only have a 10% discount on FB and other places as temporary and that is about to change. I have this code "acuralegend.org member" as permanent discount for the forum members and might be able to do better than 10% to something like 15% or 20% if I do raise my MSRP prices so you guys can get a price somewhere around that $62.09 price point in the future too. That is my way of saying thanks to the few folks here that do still have nice paint on their Legends (unlike mine ). If you guys move onto different cars (like I have moved into an RL) the discount code is still good to anybody who can read and type it. You don't need a legend to use it

Last edited by Vic Cardenas; 04-14-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote