AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
mr29rose
novice legend owner

mr29rose is on a distinguished road
Default i wish there was a simple way to just attach a picture to a thread simply

why can't i just click browse and attach a pic from my computer. it should be much easier than this.

please don't attack me. there should be no reason this is so hard. even if i try to shrink the pic it always tells me i have exceeded the size limit.

even if my pic was too large, the site can shrink it down automatically if needed.
mr29rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

This site does not host images except for those you put on your garage/signature/avitar.

This site has no commercial support or corporate funding so there are some features not extended.

That said you simply need to host the images at photobucket, flicker, amazon S3 or any other place you like and then simply provide the url to that image using the image tags provided from the text editor menu bar.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
mr29rose
novice legend owner

mr29rose is on a distinguished road

How about shutter fly or any other forms beside ones listed.
mr29rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while doing 90 down a residential street
Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29rose View Post
why can't i just click browse and attach a pic from my computer. it should be much easier than this.

please don't attack me. there should be no reason this is so hard. even if i try to shrink the pic it always tells me i have exceeded the size limit.
It's not hard. Attachment limits are very small because if we allowed modern "average" sized attachments for every picture in every thread, the storage requirements for the host would skyrocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29rose View Post
even if my pic was too large, the site can shrink it down automatically if needed.
Even if vBulleten does that, it's just not worth it. The end result would be a minuscule picture that's not even worth looking at!

EDIT: In fact, the forum already does do it. But there are restrictions on new users that you have not yet met. Even when you do, use an external host!

Use whatever image host you like. There are no restrictions here, but preferably use a host that allows external embedding otherwise all your pictures will be links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while doing 90 down a residential street
Oh please no. Anything but Tapatalk. If I had my way, that app would be banned from ever accessing this forum. In fact this quoted post itself demonstrates two of the many reasons why...

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 05-12-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #6
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

In Quaraxkad we trust ✊🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk just for Quaraxkad
Old 05-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #7
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Ya I hate Tapatalk. Used it for an hour and got rid of it lol.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote