AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 07-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #21
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road
Default Has Legend to Grave gone mad?

Finally got the A/C fixed on the sedan. Had to replace a system schrader valve and recharge the system. I consider myself lucky. Now I’m going to be comfortable driving in this nightmarish south Texas heat - I haven’t been driving the sedan since a while already due to that.

Installed the strut tower bar from the last group buy in the sedan as well. I got it new from Gabe earlier this year. I’m hoping it will make some difference on improving the handling. I was a bit underwhelmed driving it at last October’s NALM with the OEM brakes up front and the handling I’ve been spoiled from driving the coupe in comparison to the sedan. Since then I’ve upgraded the front brakes with 300 mm rotors, RL brackets, and type 2 calipers (see earlier posts). Next I’ll have to address a number of parts in the suspension with rubber bushings that are suspect (too much abuse in the southern sun and heat exposure in its history).

Of course a nice hand wash to finish it off!

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 07-16-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:41 PM   #22
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

New KYB RL shock/struts for the coupe (swapped in RL damper forks), all new SS braided brake lines last month! The ride feels nice and firm.

Earlier, late fall I swapped the after market Centric clutch master cylinder that seemed to cause the clutch slipping with a BNIB Acura clutch master cylinder sourced from Jimmy Pham (original was leaking badly enough to interfere with clutch pedal operation), new OEM clutch slave for a Honda Prelude, and a SS braided line to connect them directly, bypassing the damper! Clutch working as good as it ever has now!

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 04-01-2023 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:07 PM   #23
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Default Coupe?s interior repair

Repaired driver’s side rear window sill and vertical doorway sections.

There were quite a few small holes from UV damage at the top and numerous gouges through the material and scars from scuffing in and out at the vertical section.

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 06-29-2023 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:53 AM   #24
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the roughCaptain Slow is a jewel in the rough

Very nice. What did you use to repair them?
Old 06-29-2023, 11:30 AM   #25
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Very nice. What did you use to repair them?
Magik at the upholsterer who apparently had the materials in the correct color or some process unbeknownst to us mere mortals.

I can’t believe I don’t have “before” photos of this.

Also, it’s been so hot out in south Texas since right before I picked up the car that the only photos I have are in poor lighting of inside the garage!

No more Iggee seat covers for the fronts!

In the photo you can see part of the rear seat and how it looks like an exact match with the side panel.

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 06-29-2023 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 03:25 PM   #26
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Additional photos in daytime light. These are the “Bristol” shade all leather from Katzkin. It was a waste of time talking with the Katzkin representative regarding selecting a shop to install. Rep was good in getting me samples to select but each shop he referred me to was a truck accessories place who advised me they could not do the work I wanted (repair of seat foundations and springs, rear deck speaker covers, passenger seat bottom heating element swap, reinforced center console armrest, and rear window sill and vertical door post; see other photo in prior comment). Those shops told me I needed a “custom” upholstery shop?. Wha?!?.

I found one that had an “approved” listing with a prior business relationship by calling around. Called them and spoke with the son in business who advised me his dad had a Legend (G1 I think) and told me to call back to speak with him. Which I did. The dad called Katzkin as I was sitting with him at his desk. He told me that he was crazy enough with his Legend to replace the cloth with “all leather” back then. Anyhow getting used to it very nicely so far. I told him I’d let him know how it was after a nice long road trip. I’m still baffled about how the rear window sill and vertical doorway sections were repaired!

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 06-30-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:49 PM   #27
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower

Looks good, but fyi the issue you’re having is modern leather car kits. Are very easy “slip” on covers. Compared to what you need and every other legend. I’m luckily enough to have custom shops around but it’s just not cheap. But looks great overall

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:48 PM   #28
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
Looks good, but fyi the issue you?re having is modern leather car kits. Are very easy ?slip? on covers. Compared to what you need and every other legend. I?m luckily enough to have custom shops around but it?s just not cheap. But looks great overall
True dat!
Sedan’s interior done at shop NJ showed me swatches to match door panels then they ordered from supplier the cut pattern sections and they sewed it themselves. Saw plenty of classic cars in work. Here at coupe’s shop I spoke with a happy owner of a mid ‘60s Corvette as it was backing out of garage (leather seats done there 10 years ago). I could have had the coupe done fully custom for more $$ with several options including the shop I used.

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 07-01-2023, 05:31 AM   #29
CT-Legend

CT-Legend is on a distinguished road

Looks great !!!
CT-Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 08:28 AM   #30
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Legend View Post
Looks great !!!
Thanks Ken!

I got to the point of thinking what the hell am I doing with my money and driving around in the coupe with the interior in shambles and having to use a bottom seat cushion to comfortably drive. I drove the coupe 2000+ miles round trip from here to Maggie Valley, NC end April (including a non-stop 17 hours return) without any substantial issues so I figured in my fiscally conservative mind that the car is strong with lots of life left so why not.

I could have spent more $$ for a fully “custom” installation but then again, that fiscal conservative mindset kicked in. This is also what is keeping me from proactively seeking a body shop to refresh the coupe after abusing it as a daily driver commuter in the NYC area since I did the body/paint work back in September 2013 (that and figuring it’s a gamble to give it to a shop and not know what the outcome will be due to the lack of local referrals, being a “stranger in a strange land”)….

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 07-01-2023 at 09:42 AM.