AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Group Buys

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 06:30 PM   #41
gojumbo
Civic Destroyer

gojumbo is on a distinguished road
Default still open?

Im assuming these group buy is done taking orders??
Old 04-27-2021, 05:18 AM   #42
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
I got an email from the laser guy and he has a tracking number on the repaired laser... estimated delivery was today!

I thank you all for being kindly patient and hopefully very soon we'll be able to wrap up the production and shipping phase.

rich
So it's been a month and a half since the guy was supposed to get the repaired lazer.....any updates?

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 04-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #43
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough
Default Always something...

Yup, I reached out to him this past weekend...

Quote:
Hi Rich,
I started replacing the laser tube, but was interrupted this weekend by needing to fixing shop doors and locks after Fire dept busted them out because the neighbor reported my carbon monoxide alarms going off because the other neighbor was running a propane fork lift. The FD loves breaking stuff.

I'll let you know when I'm finished, hopefully within next few days.
I figured I'd reach out at the end of next week if he doesn't respond sooner.

Thanks for prompting the update!

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 04-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #44
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Yup, I reached out to him this past weekend...

I figured I'd reach out at the end of next week if he doesn't respond sooner.

Thanks for prompting the update!

rich
Oh my neighbor would be getting the repair bill. Set off MY alarms with YOUR equipment and MY DOORS GET FORCED OPEN . . .

You now owe me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pay Up!
Old 05-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #45
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Got a message from the laser shop today:

Quote:
The laser lives again! It's all set back up and functioning. Aligning the beam was very time consuming, and I replaced all wear items. I will test cut your file and let you know.
You can also setup an appointment.
I have a production appt set up for Friday unless something goes wrong on his test file, but if I know Daniel he will use our production files to tune his laser since they are so detailed and the layout is so large (12"x24").

Thanks for hanging in there! Who would have thought this would be a 6 month delay!!

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 05-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #46
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Good to know Rich. Covid-19 A.K.A. Corona-VIRUS I think knew it was going to throw a monkey wrench into the ENTIRE PLANET! Well things could have been worse, just look at what is happening in India. I know you're looking forward to getting this deal off your plate. Thank you for staying the course and keeping us all informed!
Old 05-07-2021, 09:59 PM   #47
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Default Production is complete!

First of all, thank you so much for being patient on this Group Buy. I would have never guessed that over 6 months would pass before we got to this stage. I am extremely thankful to Daniel at the laser shop for keeping us as a priority and for his diligence in getting things back up to speed. I had another resource ramping up on the project but he wasn't able to get his sea legs on in time due to the complexity of setting up for our project. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but we were turned down by Big Blue Saw for the project because they couldn't handle the highly detailed nature of our pieces.

Our laser session today was a long one, with several hours of fine tuning on the laser which had extensive repairs and maintenance done on it. Although Daniel had gotten all of the alignment done and calibration was complete, our project is perhaps the most detailed and has the greatest precision requirements of anything else that has been run at the shop. There were some settings that were fine for a majority of the projects they do, but WAY off for our pieces. After tuning the machine to our project requirements it is ready for anything!

That said, we completed the production run with no small number of adjustments that needed to be done along the way. The result is a stack of G2 Modernized Indicators that look quite nice and tight (and quite a few waste pieces due to flashing as we finalized power levels and speed on-the-fly).

I have cleaned all of the pieces and done the initial sort. Next steps are to break the pieces down into individual sets while at the same time fitting them into their respective bezel type and inspecting for placement/clarity. I have done spot checks as pieces were being created... but this final check allows me to make certain I'm boxing up pieces that are going to work for you.

IMPORTANT!!!
In the next few days I will be sending PM messages to confirm orders and shipping information one final time before sending the product out. Please watch for the PM and respond as quickly as possible so shipping of your stuff doesn't get delayed too much.

I will continue to update this thread as I progress, stay tuned!

rich

Old 05-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #48
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Default Fit and finish...

The TCS pieces for JDM sets are not to my liking. The donor bezel doesn't have pins for the TCS piece and I missed that the indicator plate was resting on the bottom of the cavity instead of on the pins. It's only off by a couple "pixels" but in such a small window very very obvious.

I am trying to secure a piece of media local this weekend so I can do burn time mon/tues sometime... but if I can't secure the media then there will be a 4 or 5 day delay ordering/shipping/rescheduling the burn time. Sorry... I just want it to be right for you all.

The USDM sets are good and I'm starting to package them up.

Thanks
rich

Old 05-10-2021, 05:40 AM   #49
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the hard work!

1995 Cayman White 6-Speed
1991 Sedan Sold in 2009
Old 05-10-2021, 03:37 PM   #50
gojumbo
Civic Destroyer

gojumbo is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all your hard work for our cars that we passionately love so much