AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Car2n is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by l4zy415
I wonder if the other forums know about this!!

I don't know... well FYI to all G1 owners that are intersted on this swap and the are thinking on the possibility of doing it, at this point the first things that i see that need to be moved that are in the way is radiator needs to be foward and in consecunce the A/C condenser needs to go or... moved? on my G1 is going to required a custom hood but i belived that on A NSX engine without super charge stock hood will be ok... i thin but if you need i can double check for anyone intersted and also we need this swap running! and don't forget all the custom work need it to get the swap to this point...well there is more things involved to this swap, is just hard work... thanks all for your words and tips.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by Kotetu
So, uh, how about a stroker kit?

I'm just sayin, 3.0 liters is great, but 3.8 liters is better.

Yes wonderful idea, this is what that big resleeved block will look...

The only problem right now i have a 10k mile rebuild engine that we like used and destroy at the strip and then yes we will go with all motor mods
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #23
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

HI i just finished the 12 point roll cage it took almost a month to build it and 100 ft of DOM tubing and about 4 lbs. of welding wire i will post pics of it tomorrow need to clean some of the mess lefted after finishing, also i completed upgrading to five lug the front hubs but need to do the break upgrade, the rear is going to be also upgraded but still working on how to make it, i have the custom CV joints coming rated for 500HP and also i have coming collapsable steering column and steering wheel.

On the finished shifter need to do one more detail shifter lever is leaning toward the front because i fliped the whole NSX lever shifter so the lever is kind of an angle to the front, and i need to cut the lever to roted it 180 degrees so it will be reachable to shift gears properlly there is no other way to do it.

Hope to start the priming and painting of the inside of the body next week (i hope so) that way i can start electrical harness, breaks, clutch, radiator suspension etc.

thanks everyone for your support and hope i will provide more pics soon.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by KAHruser

Still can't quite believe you're doing all this. Can't wait to see pics.

Are you keeping a cost log? Whatever of that you are willing to post would be interesting.

Custom axles are of particular interest. Didn't even know that was possible.

Lots of hard work, I'm sure.

Car2n:
No i don't know how much i had spent till the date but i have most of the recipts of the materials i had to purchase some equipment and/or special tools and hand tools i did not had to do this kind of project it is very expensive but hope to recover some of the money by selling some of the custom special tools and what ever is left from the NSX once the project is completed.

i think the actual direct cost invested to the car is around $9.5k till today and still more to come, this is not counting ths equipment purchases or my personal time and labor just materials
Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #25
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by tubadude
to help with your off setting of your budget, i know jerry (jkurl) is interested in those seats from the NSX. he said he sent you an email, but never got a response. but shoot him a PM (or he will see this) and you can talk to him about the seats.

Car2n:

I did answer his message, NSX came with EVO2 sparco seats wich i am using for the project, no stock seats came with NSX... so no seats for sale, sorry and thanks for trying to help.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #26
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

I have some pics of the front 5-lug upgrade and roll cage fab finished...

I will post more pics as the work goes... does anyone know where can i find some instructions for racing seat belts installation for roll cage aplication? cuse i have not found anything that will help me...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #27
Telion
Don't doubt it!

Telion will become famous soon enoughTelion will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Telion

Oh man I can't wait to see you got to town on the body. I am a little confused myself about which way to go so it will be nice to see what you come up with.

http://firesignsynergy.spaces.live.com 348 whp 309 lbs wtq and just getting warmed up!
3.2 TII Acura Legend Twin Turbo, A force (induction) to be reckoned with
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #28
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by Admiral Vorian
wait so this is NOT done?

Nope... is just toooo much work... it will be done...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #29
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by 92drls

Everything is coming along, your an inspiration!! So far you've got it right with the cage but you'll have to make mounts that go below/behind the seat too. Try these links bud, hope they help:

How To: Install Racing Seats, Harness Bar and 5-Point Harness - DMCTalk.com forums - A DeLorean Community
Racing Harness Installation
Pelican Technical Article: 911 Racing Harness Installation
Lap Belts - 2 Point Lap Belt Installation Vintage Lap Seat Belt Classic Car Seatbelts

Thanks for these very helpfully links i really like this kind of help, right now i am in the proccess of doing the seat belt brackets...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Today i was able to match an RL disc to the NSX caliper by using a 3mm shim wich will give the right combination 5 lug upgrade and better brakes in front for less money.
[IMG][/IMG]

Also had to remesure the custom CV joints to more exact dimension, to do this i had to cut the 2 NSX CV joints and the @ G1 CV joints then installed the inner and outers in the G1 and attached the the cut sections to make a preliminary CV joints to get the exact lenght of the CV joint...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG

l4zy415 Lookin' good. Still haven't found how to get the rears to 5-lug

car2n No i just don't think there is anything for this upgrade i even went thru the whole hub/bearing timken catalog with no luck, but i belived that there is a combination for 89-90 rear ones because of the similiarities of the rear 89-90 suspension to the prelude and other honda/acura rear suspensions, for mine i think i will go with a hub 4-5 adapter from this site Custom 2 Piece Wheel AdaptersSkulte Performance Designs i think they are heavy duty...

l4zy415 Maybe it doesn't have to be from Acura/Honda. Maybe from another cars like Saturn or Hyundai. What are the specs for the rears on the 86-88
car2n; Well this is what have, see this pic...

The hub on the left is the prelude, the one in middle is the 88 G1 front and on the right is the 88 rear.

you can see that for the front is better tansition almost the same thing but for the rear is a complete differnt story, timken bearings made a lot of hondas and acura's hubs and bearings but for this rear one who knows! i have not find a similar hub so to start it needs to be similar and then we can think about size and specs i will post the bearing size and bearing number tomorrow...