AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 09-19-2021, 06:06 PM   #91
Swift
is building things

Someone posted this before....I forgot...and it led to a lot of cussing.

The EBAY ones need to be countersinked WAY deeper to match that of the OEM style. The angle is also not a typical countersink you would find at home depot. I would have to measure, but I believe it is a 72 degree...not 90 or 82.

C35 H.O. build #2
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #92
95legendcp

95legendcp is on a distinguished road

Here is a link that might have the right chamfer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29402846004...53.m1438.l2649
1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe 6spd. JDM TYPE II, 6spd trans (lower mileage). 5-spd flywheel, EXEDY clutch. Fut MLS strut bar, H&R springs,Monroe shocks,ADDCO Front & Rear sway bars, FUT Tie Bars,SPC ball joints, MOOG Front Upper control arm anchor bolts, EBC ULTIMAX Rotors f+r,AKEBONO ceramic pads f+r. Poly mounts(60a). BLACKEND damper.18x8 40 offset KONIG Verdict. BF GOODRICH G-Force T/A KDW.
95legendcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:32 AM   #93
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

I have purchased both of the linked bushing types. I have not yet installed either of them, but as far as perceived quality I do prefer one over the other. Below are each of the recently mentioned links and my thoughts.

Ebay : mount_expert:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgez95KA7
The above linked mounts came quickly and upon inspecting them it very much appeared they had been cut by a cutoff wheel and the countersink "eyeballed" by hand with a dremel tool. The mount customizations are rough and the cuts/countersink work doesn't match between the two bushings that come in a set. I understand a part doesn't need to look pretty to work and I haven't installed them so this is less about buyer beware and more about appearance.

Ebay : best4autoparts1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95legendcp View Post
The above linked mounts came quickly and upon inspecting them it appears they are well machined and the surfaces are all clean/uniform. As I have not installed them yet I cannot testify the experience with fitting them to the crossmember. Again, I understand that the appearance of this part does not guarantee it fits or is durable, but packaging and part appearance indicate more thought and possibly quality of work went into the ones from this vendor between the two I have purchased from.

As with all things Ebay YMMV, but as a person who has both sets sitting on the shelf I can testify one (best4autoparts1) vendor appears to be offering a better product at a cheaper price

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #94
Swift
is building things

I will buy another set of the "good ones" to compare and take some measurements as well.

Thanks for the info Rich!

C35 H.O. build #2
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote