AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Non-Legend Builds
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #61
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Always wondered what the status was on this build.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #62
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Hearing that this years NALM was going to be basically in my backyard got me motivated to get some work done. First step was finding someone to buy the scrap Legend, I've got someone coming to check it out and make me an offer in a few days. It had been parked dead in the garage right next to the Cutlass for quite some time. I pulled all the custom parts off of it and the rest is being scrapped. I'm keeping an eye out for another Legend though, it's still one of my favorite cars. I hooked up a battery, reinstalled the fusebox and ECU and it started right up like a champ. I just needed to back it out of the garage and roll up the windows. No exhaust, it was *loud*. Also, my dumb-ass forgot that the transmission cooler lines weren't hooked up to anything since I pulled the radiator. So, yeah, I leaked out all the transmission fluid in the garage and all the way down the recently bleached driveway, and was barely able to pull it back into the driveway (no trans fluid = no drive!).

Back to THIS project though. I still have the last engine I pulled from the junkyard. It's stripped down to the block and hanging out on a stand. I've already got ALL the gaskets required for a rebuild, but decided I didn't want to go through the trouble of rebuilding it, and I don't know of any machine shops or builders in the area to do it for me. So I went looking for a new complete unit I could just drop in.

So I bought another L67 engine today from an 04 Impala SS. 112K miles on it, compared to the ~200K (i think?) that are on the stripped block from a 2000 Grand Prix GTP. It's being pulled by the guys at the salvage yard some time in the next couple of days, they'll call me when it's ready and I'll go pick it up. Hopefully it's not too filthy, as we learned previously in this build I like things to be clean, but give up when it takes too long TO clean.

It's been so long since I've worked on or thought about this that I've forgotten a whole lot of what needs to be done. I *think* I have most of the parts already. The biggest hurdle I can recall is the wiring harness. I need to re-pin 75% of the wires on the firewall C100 connector. That's one of the things that I got stuck on previously. The documentation for wiring in this swap is virtually non-existent, and on top of that I've found some wire color discrepancies between the factory manual wiring diagrams and my harness.

That's the news for today. I really think this time I'm going to remain motivated for long enough to get this done! I'm super excited to finally get this car back on the road.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 03-25-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 PM   #63
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, this thread is REALLY out of date! I stopped updating this thread here because it became too much work managing two build threads where I was editing each based on the audience... The other thread is at w-body.com (https://www.w-body.com/topic/50442-q...ally-finished/) where they know the car already so I was less wordy about explanations in some areas. I kept that one updated a lot more frequently but still slacked off as soon as I got it running. It's been my daily driver now since January, still has *tons* of unresolved issues but nothing keeping it off the road.

Photographic evidence showing the engine IS installed!

I've obviously re-attached all the body panels since then... I had to get it assembled in a rush because I was moving to a new house and staying in a garage-less apartment for a few months. I wasn't able to do anything as neatly or properly as I'd have like. Now I'm settled into the new house with a garage (albeit significantly smaller and harder to work in) and I can start addressing the issues.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:26 AM   #64
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

As if you didn't know I had been watching . . .

Old 02-22-2024, 06:37 AM   #65
B+O
♡ l4zy415 & Fut ♡

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

damn i've always wanted on of these, lol!
...if push came to shove I could probably whip it out but I wanna see someone get started first
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote