AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
tbird31

tbird31 is on a distinguished road
Default LLoyd mats?

I have been on the search to find a set of type A, or ebony/black mats for the car to continue the Type A interior conversion on my car. Mint OEM mats are obviously hard to come by and finding a well done aftermarket is just as hard. I have experience with Lloyd mats, but in the Corvette/F-body arena. Does anyone on here have any experience with them? Do they fit well?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

No experience with them. Have you tried contacting Khrant to have a set of Legend pattern mats made? Unfortunately copyrights are HIGHLY enforced for "ACURA" or "LEGEND" logos on the mats so you would have to be creative and have something else embroidered on them.

Here is an OLD thread on them.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/khrant...ats-t1087.html
Old 12-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

I have a BNIB set of type J (gray) mats that look really good in a type A interior.

$265.00 shipped in the lower 48 states.
These are type J in my type A interior

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
GHOST ACKNUP
GHOST ACKNUP

GHOST ACKNUP is on a distinguished road

That looks amazing actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#382 1995 GS6MT
GHOST ACKNUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

I have Lloyd Luxe black mats in my sedan. They are really plush and high quality. The cut is a bit bigger than OEM. They fit fine in the front, but the rear mats are a tight fit up under the seats. The black mats are jet black. They are not a charcoal black, so they contrast a bit with my faded 20 year old type A carpet. Dave's Type J mats would look great with a slightly faded Type A carpet.
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzarlaluna View Post
I have Lloyd Luxe black mats in my sedan. They are really plush and high quality. The cut is a bit bigger than OEM. They fit fine in the front, but the rear mats are a tight fit up under the seats. The black mats are jet black. They are not a charcoal black, so they contrast a bit with my faded 20 year old type A carpet. Dave's Type J mats would look great with a slightly faded Type A carpet.
You do know that "Type A" carpet IS charcoal grey and not black? Some were little bit darker but Acura didn't do a BLACK carpet. I have pictures of my Type A carpet both before and after SEM painting it all black. Type J mats are probably closer to the actual carpet color than Type A mats are. Just my $.02 on the subject.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #7
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
You do know that "Type A" carpet IS charcoal grey and not black? Some were little bit darker but Acura didn't do a BLACK carpet. I have pictures of my Type A carpet both before and after SEM painting it all black. Type J mats are probably closer to the actual carpet color than Type A mats are. Just my $.02 on the subject.
Um, yes, I am well aware. I've been around my black on black sedan since it was brand new, so I know what the carpet used to look like. 20 years ago it was much darker. Jet black Lloyd mats contrast more now than they would have off the assembly line.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote