AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL General Discussion
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
brysta
Default back up cam wiring help plz

Hey I finally took out my Alpine CVA 1000 head unit this week, I got a chinese tv/dvd/does everything touch screen unit off ebay, I've got it all wired up and running great except one thing- it came with a back-up camera, which I have wired up and running, but the head unit has a wire that connects to the RL's reverse wire- so it will come on when you put it in reverse. which is nice.

I could put it in the AUX IN video channel but I wanna use that for a camera plug in and I prefer it changing itself over when in gear.

SOOO

Can anybody help me find that reverse circuit?

secondly, which wires are the steering wheel vol controls? I wouldn't mind hooking those up too but not as important.

thanks guys

Acura - Precision Crafted Performance.
brysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
filmshoot
Kierkegaard binge

filmshoot is on a distinguished road

remove your center console... and right where the shifter is, there is a wire I think its purple.. you can test it with a voltmeter and see if it gets juice when you go into reverse to be sure...
but that's where I think mine is.
btw: to anyone interested in this mod. I'm selling my trunk lid with a custom mounted rearview camera - check out my for sale thread.