AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Southwest US Region > SoCal
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
OneBadKA9RL

OneBadKA9RL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OneBadKA9RL
Default 12/18: Help 120 Children to recieve Gifts- OC Rescue Mission

Hey guys I was invited by DCH Tustin Acura to come out this Saturday to an event they're doing with other dealers. I figure this could be a nice chance for us to all meet up together again while doing something good for children and families at the same time.

Saturday, December 18 @8AM
DCH Tustin Acura
9 Auto Center Drive
Tustin, CA

Quote:
What: Share in the spirit of gifting and help the poor and the homeless children at the Orange County Rescue Mission in this Christmas season.

Who: DCH Tustin Acura Customers and Employees

Why: This Mission is not a soup kitchen type; it is a Mission that takes families in and helps them get back on their feet. It has 5 facilities and is a privately funded non-profit organization where only 8 cents on every dollar goes to administration. The rest of the funds go directly into helping the homeless. The OC Rescue Mission is blessed with volunteers who do much of the work that enables them to keep costs down while helping people. Their success rate in helping people back on their feet is over 85%. The Orange County Rescue Mission remains one of the largest privately funded human service agencies in Orange County without one penny of the taxpayers’ money.

On December 18th, we will be meeting at the dealership in the morning and caravanning to the mission along with other participating dealers in the Tustin Center to drop off our toy and gift donations at the Mission. We need donations and toys to help to pull this off. There are currently 120 children being taken care of by OCRM. We met some of the kids that live there and it broke our hearts knowing that they have nothing. We asked a child what she wanted for Christmas and all she wanted was for her mom to be happy. And, we would love to be able to give her and her mom a Christmas present.

When: All toy and gift donations must be received at Tustin Acura dealership by Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 8 a.m. If you are interested in participating in our caravan to the mission located at #1 Hope Ave near Red Hill Ave in Tustin, please join us on the 18th at 8 am for coffee and a donut before we take off.

http://dchtustinacura.wordpress.com/...ift-of-giving/
VIP Modular Wheels
OneBadKA9RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
ochn77
ihate city officials

ochn77 will become famous soon enough

be there in a heartbeat if i was out there.

right now i'm disappointed i don't get paid the first check from my job until the 20th....so i can't do anything for donations.
ochn77 is offline   Reply With Quote