AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Southwest US Region > SoCal
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #21
xpressive
Seattleite

xpressive is on a distinguished road

Late notice for someone like me who would be 18-20 hours out.. If you didn't know, I live in Washington. Two weeks notice with school starting and work is short notice. But no worries, I wouldn't have been able to make this one anyway. I'll keep posted for a spring/summer meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Clyde View Post
Two weeks is late notice? Daang, we've been talkin about putting this together for a few months now.
Still hope you can make it.

1994 Acura Legend LS 3.5 - 284k SOLD. [02/21/2013]
RIP Fut.. Never forgotten.
xpressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
kanichi

kanichi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kanichi Send a message via MSN to kanichi

SMP was open last tuesday.. and the pay to park really isn't that exensive...i was there for a couple hours and I only paid $1, a friend of mine was there for a couple hours longer then me and he had paid $3. So if you can go a day without starbucks coffee then you can definitely pay for this =P
kanichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in.

Anything I can do to aid in the planning?
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #24
EvrLGND

EvrLGND is on a distinguished road

If I have it off I'll be there
EvrLGND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Clyde
Sadly pacific coast highway is closed from mugu to las posas, which includes that photo spot, I will try to scout a big spot, the hard part will be finding big free parking that isn't crowded on a Sunday in Malibu.

I will try though.
^ That's usually the case on any given Sunday, although lots of panoramic views up in the canyons; which will do just fine IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBrett
I might actually make my first meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
^ Do it! I made my first just 7 months ago and since then I've attended 3 more. Acura peeps is cool folks to kick it with.
^ Do it Brett, hope to see you on the 16'th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanichi
you always leave SMP before the planned time but that's ok. I'll try and make it to smp but i'll probably be working til 12:30 so i'll just meet u guys at Islands like always =]
^ We'll wait for you Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaduche
ill try to make it. im shooting for vegas that weekend. i'll see how things go
^ Fair enough Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Clyde
If pay parking at smp is the only thing holding anyone up, I got you covered.
^ Hell yea... you tell 'em Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressive
Late notice for someone like me who would be 18-20 hours out.. If you didn't know, I live in Washington. Two weeks notice with school starting and work is short notice. But no worries, I wouldn't have been able to make this one anyway. I'll keep posted for a spring/summer meet.
^ NO worries my friend...

Quote:
SMP was open last tuesday.. and the pay to park really isn't that exensive...i was there for a couple hours and I only paid $1, a friend of mine was there for a couple hours longer then me and he had paid $3. So if you can go a day without starbucks coffee then you can definitely pay for this =P
^ You've got a good point there young man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela
I'm in.

Anything I can do to aid in the planning?
^ Gabe, contact Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvrLGND
If I have it off I'll be there
^ Right on

Updated list of attendees (bold=confirmed)
1) T-Clyde (Tommy)
2) pnoye2 (Ferjie)
3) mxsloan (Max)
4) Legend91LS
5) Homeboyx (Walter)
6) BluBrett (Brett) ???
7) kanichi (Devin)
8) tubaduche (Austin) ???
9) sam o nela (Gabe)
10) EvrLGND (Ever)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
EvrLGND

EvrLGND is on a distinguished road

I'm off I'll be there!!
EvrLGND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #27
kanichi

kanichi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kanichi Send a message via MSN to kanichi

No don't wait for me, because i'm not going to ask for the day off, and I prolly won't get off til 12:30. i'll just meet you at Islands, or i'll call Tommy when i get off of work to see where you all are.

quick update about SMP pricing, since i was there again today. it's free for the first 2hrs and $1 per 30min after that. I was there for 4hours today and only paid $4. so again I understand that it is pay to park, but it is not that expensive. especially if you're only there from about 10-12 or even 12:30pm.
kanichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #28
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Or you can do what I did last time and when your 2 hours is almost up, just leave, go around the block and come back in for a brand new 2 hours. I got to drive Ferj's WRX to do it too!
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #29
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

It sucks that you guys have to deal with that. The mall parking lots around here are always open and free.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvrLGND
I'm off I'll be there!!
YES Ever, we'll see you on the 16'th

Quote:
No don't wait for me, because i'm not going to ask for the day off, and I prolly won't get off til 12:30. i'll just meet you at Islands, or i'll call Tommy when i get off of work to see where you all are.
^ Sounds like a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela
Or you can do what I did last time and when your 2 hours is almost up, just leave, go around the block and come back in for a brand new 2 hours. I got to drive Ferj's WRX to do it too!
^ LOL - good thinking Gabe, and you can take my subie too if you'd like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
It sucks that you guys have to deal with that. The mall parking lots around here are always open and free.
^ I believe they started charging right after the mall renovation was completed