AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #121
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Car2n is on a distinguished road

That sounds like good idea just plug it even other items can be just connected and then when the engine is running normally just disconnect the possible "not need it" items and like you said see what happens.
Thanks I'll try that.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #122
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS
If I absolutely knew for a fact that the TCS communicates via Analog signals I could tell you how to bypass the need for the TCS Module.But I'm not 100% positive and wouldn't want you to try bypassing it only to burn out the ECU!

I understand and we do not want to burn the ECU Lol, have one more qustion for you or anyone that wants to help what is the max amps on the ECU outputs? AEM shows 1.5 amps for their ECU wonder if OEM are the same.
Also can you tell me how the gauges on the dash work? Trying to decide what kind of data display to use not really sure how they work if anyone knows i'll apreciate thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #123
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

THX man ido have the diagrams what I am looking for is some practical explanation on how the gauges work like if the gauge provides the volt signal or where is coming from, i had the idea that the signal goes to the gauge and also the ECU but in the diagrams i only see it going to the gauge assmbly unit but thanks for the diagrams.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #124
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboticon
Its just like the G2. It has two separate units. One is a one wire gauge sending unit, the other is the actual ECT with at least two wires.

Start PMing me when you have wiring questions/problems and more than likely I can help you out.. Just remember to give me an honoroable mention when Tuner magazines start featuring your car

edit: Why are you wanting to know about ECU amperage? You shouldnt ever have to set your Meter to Amps for this swap. Stick with Ohms and Volts and be on the safe side!

Thanks for your offering PM answered.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #125
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfprezskid
Okay, well i have to confess something.. To honor all the hard work and everything going into this car, i have contacted import tuner magazine and a couple others to possibly put this car into one of their magazines and feature it.. just so everyone knows, i figured why the hell not, he has done such a great job and everything, give him his five minutes of fame.. keep at it car2n

I know your intention is a good one and i thank you for that but Sam o nela is right there is a lot to do and we know in advance that once is ready there will be ajustments to be made and maybe problems we don't see right now, i wish i can do it faster but this stage takes more time cuz of the tech stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela
^ I can't speak for him, but to me it seems kinda inconsiderate since LegendSX might have been waiting till he got his car to a certain point before contacting any media

Thanks Sam o nela you are right at this time like to keep my self focus in all of the electrical stuff and not think about these secondary issues.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #126
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

On this first diagram I highlighted the areas where i had modified the actual OEM wiring. I removed the cooling fan module and its connections, cancel engine blower relay and got one more cooling fan relay my question here am i going to be able to get a signal from PGM F1 A18 without this module? can the ECU provide the relay signal with just the TW sensor input?

I will get you the second part tomorrow thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #127
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Both were M/T and yes we are using NSX tranny.

FYI none of the Legend electical harness or any Legend control will be used everything will be either NSX or custom elecrical.

I am hoping to finsh all of the electrical soon that way I can start the headers work.

Here is the second part of the diagram on this one all i did is cancel the TCS and A/T modules do you see any problems with the ECU operation for deleting these 2 modules?

Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #128
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by reboticon
The A/T control unit you shouldn't even have, its for autos only. For the TCS i was gonna suggest just leaving it off, and see what happens. It can't hurt anything to try it without the TCS connections, worst case scenario you get a check engine light. Same thing with the EGR. leaving it disconnected will give you a non performance affecting check engine light.

I realize you are not using any of the Legend engine wiring harness, but im assuming you are still using the chassis wiring for it. Unless you have ripped out every wire from the main relay to the clutch safety switch, there are several wires you will be using from the legend. i made you this little diagram in paint to see.

This is nice thanks this help me confirm some of the connections and splices already made.
Yes i stripped all of the Legend wiring and replaced some of required circuits with NSX harness and new wiring for the clutch switch also made a custom pedal bracket to make it work the same as the NSX pedal switch and no A/C

Sorry what is a CEL? the only warning signals from ECU will be charging (from voltage regulator) and check engine rest of the engine monitoring will be with a AIM MXL display.

Well not enough hours but i will say an average of 15 to 20.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #129
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS
add the word "Light" to Check Engine and you will have your answer.

Check Engine Light

What did i tell you, I'm not an expert... I have all these TCS, ECU, A/T, ETC> to memorize. Thanks

To answer you ? the CEL will be use as a diagnostic tool while i get upgrade it to aftermarket ECU.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #130
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

I think most of the wiring issues are completed phisically but my doughts are in the actual sequence of operation after delition of the TCS, cooling fan unit.

So I guess the only thing to do is just wait till I get to the engine start up point and see what happens .