AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #41
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Car2n is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by l4zy415
Lookin' good mayne, does the rear NSX rotor slide right in on the G1 hub?

No, i had to redrill 4 lug G1 pattern on the NSX one...

Hey have you seeing my thread about the brake proportionig valve that i am looking for? i think they came out on 86 and 87's...http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ponent-130444/
Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #42
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by samblaze
What gauge is that cold rolled steel for the bracket? Will it hold up to the stress forces generated by the caliper? Although it is the rear so there sholdn't be as much stress as the front..

Is 1/4" thick is holded by 2- 10m x 1.25 bolts, i am thinking i do some test runs to the brake upgrade to see if nothing comes lose and maybe just use thread locker on the bolts or spot weld the bolts on the bracket since this bracket does not need to be removed to service the brakes or any of the wheel area components...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #43
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Finally I got level 5 CV joints from the drive shaft shop already test fit and they are ok now is just remove engine for the engine bay cleaning and paint and installing item that need to be install with out the engine (easier) like brake lines and fuel lines etc.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #44
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by l4zy415
Aww sweet. Is that the custom made drive shaft?

Yes they took almost a month and a half to deliver those to me, they said is because they have a lot of orders but they are here so I guess no big deal...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #45
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

WellI have started planning and collecting all the electrical wiring data to do the NSX to legend wiring it will be some splicing, extending and new wiring work but fot the the engine gauge reading I am strongly thinking on using a digital display and no use the traditional analog gauges so this is what i think I might end up using since I think will look better on the G1 dash (trimmed)

I know that this a little bit overkill but it does look nice and for a future stand alone ECU will be a good partner I belive...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #46
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by stock legend

thats what your going to put in the dashboard?

Not really sure cause still trying to find out wich stand alone ECU will match display, I also thinking on AEM EMS stand alone since they have a plug and play unit that is foir the NSX but I am looking for the display that can be use right now and it will match where ever ECU I get later...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #47
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by dblanehopr
how much do those run?

These are a custom made level 5 NSX to Legend CV joints I had quotes from several companies that specialize in this trade range from 600.00 a set to 1100.00 but the driveshaf shop had the best communication and a mid point quote and better reviews and for some reason they made me feel secure about the deal... well I paid 790.00 + shipping
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #48
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by 92drls
Lol I think he meant how much for the aftermarket dash?? I got some axles from driveshaft shop for my ol' GSX, their good people!!

He is asking for the CV joints check his quote, display run about 1000.00 more or less...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #49
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

lol was lucky you fig'd that one out.. forgot to put a mention of what i was asking about in that qoute.

geez.... 790 huh? damn.. per or for the pair?

i'm dreaming of putting some aftermarket driveshafts in my gen1 for proper torque at the tires.

any good suggestions for an aftermarket set that would just be stock strength or a little better?

That is for the pair... and honestly I am not an expert on CV's and don't know very much about if there is an aftermarket CV's or not since mine are some how hybrid, but maybe some other G1 owners might know...

I have being so busy with a lot of details of this project that sometimes I think there is no end to this project, I am sometimes not really sure about things I had to dig into the website trying to get help or info to help finish the items that I do not have experince or even I never seeing in my life, I invested too much time on this but I still feel very good and rewarding after seeing each little thing come to place and work as planned I know there is a lot to do but I will keep my foot on it...

Well enogh of that, I got my WRX rad for the custom fit project dimensions are perfect top and bottom brackets are in the wrong place but no problem I can make custom fit bracket , drain fitting is on the wrong side I think there 2 options one get a aluminum bung and move the fitting to the back or just cut a notch on the car bracket to access the fitting, hose connections are not really big problem top is right on the same location as the G1 rad bottom is to the side 3' off the G1 location but I figure that this not a problem maybe just need to weld a 45* fitting to have easy access to the hose...

Here is a pic of th rad pre-installed.

Also I have good news for the rear NSX brake upgrade I figuered how to make a custom bracket for the e-brake cable and make work, so I have e-brake now here are a couple of pics of the rear brake set up.

Thanks everyone once again for your support
Old 06-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #50
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

oh wow, bro. that's some good thinkin on the e-brake. it's nice watching a close to the heart project come alive. i can't even imagine how much you've put yourself into this.

Thanks... do you live in dallas area? I have found this site that claims to be in Dallas but they do not show any address, well maybe by a remote chance have you heard about this guys? Dynamic Designs -- Custom Auto Body Fabrication