AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Car2n is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by car2n
That is for the pair... and honestly I am not an expert on CV's and don't know very much about if there is an aftermarket CV's or not since mine are some how hybrid, but maybe some other G1 owners might know...

Dv8
I have being so busy with a lot of details of this project that sometimes I think there is no end to this project, I am sometimes not really sure about things I had to dig into the website trying to get help or info to help finish the items that I do not have experince or even I never seeing in my life, I invested too much time on this but I still feel very good and rewarding after seeing each little thing come to place and work as planned I know there is a lot to do but I will keep my foot on it...

Thanks everyone once again for your support

Keep at it bro. Take your time, have fun with other things between time. Its only as difficult as one makes it.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by car2n
Thanks... do you live in dallas area? I have found this site that claims to be in Dallas but they do not show any address, well maybe by a remote chance have you heard about this guys? Dynamic Designs -- Custom Auto Body Fabrication

sounds familiar a little bit. i've never had the fedia to afford body fab. lol, always wanted a widebody setup on my s13. but Dallas does have a lot of really good fabricators. i've known a few; good guys like any other mechanic or body guy. i know some major classic car fabricator business owners, but i haven't really had the chance to meet or walk around in a Fab shop. i'd love to though. i'd really think it'd be awesome to have an internship in a Fab shop. be freakin badass to have the knowledge under my belt.

why? are you thinking of having them do some body work for you? i could always stop by there and see what type of guys they are. or maybe my bossman knows some higherup, "warrantied", businesses. the guy we have do the bodywork on our cars doesn't really have to fabricate much cuz we try to buy dentless, rustfree.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Rad installation went fine no problems just some cutting, bending and welding, looks like all the hose connections will be fine, only thing that might be a problem went the time comes of installing front grill and lights need to do custom installation at least for the grill...

Here are some pics.

Also here are some pics of the dash restoring for the switch panel and gauge panel pre-assembley.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by l4zy415
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! Looks good mayne. Is that your girlfriend/wife or a girl helping you? Just asking lol.

My wife and official certified welder and general assistent
Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by Double Glow
its all about the car, which is just more amazing daily btw....yet i must ask....is that a coin opp pool table?

Yes that is my pool table right in my garage where I do most of my work, I am a monday night league pool player...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally posted by Telion
Damn that is coming along great! And blessed you are to have a wife who will get into the uild with you! I noticed that the front of teh frame near the top of teh radiator seperates; I love that and had thought about doing it for about a year now. Did you do it so the engine can slide in at a better angle?

Car2n
Yes, cutted and removed the bottom rad support and made a complete different one that will be able to remove for easy engine removal...

And thanks guys for all the support of these previous months... as a present for you guys that had supported me all this time I will give you a chance to select the final paint (artistic design) of the car finish using 2 colors that I want and you can add one or two colors but you will get the final desition on it! so I will start a new thread for this and a few weeks when the time comes...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Just got all the brake and clutch line finshed for the clutch took half of NSX set up and the other half Legend set up, on the brake lines it was hard to do some of the bending and double flering but finally it is completed now I have included in the brake system the NSX booster and master cylinder so that means that I am only missing the ABS from the NSX, now is just a matter of cleaning and bleeding with new fluid and hope that it works...

Tomorrow hope to finish all of the welding on the car so I can start priming the inside of the car...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by morbo
I just went through the thread and saw the post(s) regarding the motives behind this project....

I got choked up. Seriouslly.

What an amazing dad you are. I can't imagine the pain of a parent outliving their own child, let alone to lose him in a way that was both an accident, and a passion of his (driving his g1).

GOD be with you friend. Once complete, you will forever have a tribute to your lost son. I'm sure that he would have approved of the project, and in a very strange way, I'm sure your effort(s) are driven by his spirit in one way or another.

Hey thanks a lot for these very supporting and good feeling words , that is just the way I feel most of the time while I work in the project, knowing my son's feelings about his G1 and his way of living, that is what i think I'm doing extending his legacy and his way of doing things and the way he liked...

Thanks again and I know my son's spirt just the way you said it is on this project and will be riding along with his G1 with a NSX engine
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Originally Posted by morbo
Lookin good! Im sure the brake system is going to be one of the hardest obstacles to over come. The braking system has to be tremendously different between the NSx and Legend (I would assume).

Just out of curiosity: Is a RWD conversion plausable? I know it's not going to happen on this project, but would it be feesible to think that someone could do it? Taking the Legend body and figuring out a way to weld it to the NSX frame might be the only way, but just curious if you had thought of this?

Awesome progress man! If my words brought you any amount of happiness, you just made my week

Car2n
Well NSX and Legend Master and booster are identical on size but the mounting is what is different, I really not sure if the inside of the MC is different but if it is I think is just a little, and like I said I fot the whole NSX brake system swapped except for the ABS which I do not need...

And yes words like yours and other members are very good for my self, makes me do better...

And I belive that rear NSX engine swap is possible and in way much easier than FWD because engine was design for that purpose, if is done the width of the rear will be like 3.5" wider, yes I wanted to do it but I had this "thing" about doing the FWD I belived that it was possible and it is...

Check this to get an idea of what it will take to do RWD...
Making of the CRNSX Part 1 / MVC-022Fa.jpg
Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

did you see the Festiva SHO?? it was an 89 Festiva with a Taurus SHO mounted in the back... shit is sick....

anyway car2n keep up the good work, when do you think it will be finished?? oh and can i drive it?? lol

edit, found pics:

oh and the toronado

please dont hate me for thread jackin, just wanted to share