AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > NALM
Register iTrader FAQ Community Garage Wiki Chat Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 01:54 PM   #11
Acura Advice

Acura Advice is on a distinguished road

Registered, paid and hotel booked!! I will be road tripping down from BC in my '98 2.3CL (poor man's Legend coupe), its only 25 hours, so why not!
Acura Advice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:50 PM   #12
GoldenGlow

GoldenGlow is on a distinguished road

Chris, you might win the award for the longest distance traveled to attennd NALM!
GoldenGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:11 AM   #13
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Registered and reserved hotel!!

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:16 AM   #14
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura Advice View Post
Registered, paid and hotel booked!! I will be road tripping down from BC in my '98 2.3CL (poor man's Legend coupe), its only 25 hours, so why not!
Wow!! Another BC member!

Where in BC are you located?

I still have a soft spot in my heart for our neighbors to the north and I was finally able to return to the "promised land" in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022 via Calgary to the Golden and Revelstoke back country areas after an absence since 1995.

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 04-06-2024, 02:52 PM   #15
Acura Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Wow!! Another BC member!

Where in BC are you located?
Greater Vancouver area. I'm pretty close to the border, only about 25 minutes or so from Blaine WA
Old 04-07-2024, 10:59 AM   #16
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Greater Vancouver area. I'm pretty close to the border, only about 25 minutes or so from Blaine WA
Nice!
Vancouver was (is still?) a jewel of the west coast.

I was there a lifetime ago (1973) when the wrecking ball was ready to start demolition at a house someone was living and where we partied hard, as he gathered all his possessions (not much more than his trusty guitar) to vacate what would eventually become the urban renewal of False Creek, driving out a lot of the artistic community from low rent housing. I did get back there visiting (1975 or 1976?) prepping for a trip to Vancouver Island where we hiked to the Cape Scott lookout but have not been back since. Back then the cow pastures in the outskirts were fertile grounds for magic mushrooms.

Looks like I will be back late June for a few days and am looking forward to the trip!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 04-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #17
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Re: Pacific Northwest Cuisine
Is Salmon ‘n Bannock the only game in town for “local” or indigenous styled cuisine?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5sUQnnZ3bPfcthq46?g_st=ic

Let me know. Last time I ate in a similarly themed restaurant in downtown Vancouver, BC I was truly amazed. But that was in the 1970s, possibly mid 1970s. Looking to do it again!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 04-09-2024, 06:37 PM   #18
Acura Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Re: Pacific Northwest Cuisine
Is Salmon ?n Bannock the only game in town for ?local? or indigenous styled cuisine?

Let me know. Last time I ate in a similarly themed restaurant in downtown Vancouver, BC I was truly amazed. But that was in the 1970s, possibly mid 1970s. Looking to do it again!
That's the only place I'm aware of, I've never been though.

If you haven't been here since the 70s you probably won't even recognize Vancouver and the surrounding areas, lol its built up so much since then. Most of those cow pastures are high rises now.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:04 PM   #19
Avery

Avery is on a distinguished road

Hmm. I will have to put some thought in over the coming months. May not be a good time of The year for me. Hard to say as I have a brother that will be getting married around that time, probably Canadian Thanksgiving time but who knows for sure.
Tom, actually I'd like to point out that Ty and Ashley would have the longest distance traveled, me and Chris would be a close second I think.
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:51 AM   #20
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
Hmm. I will have to put some thought in over the coming months. May not be a good time of The year for me. Hard to say as I have a brother that will be getting married around that time, probably Canadian Thanksgiving time but who knows for sure.
Tom, actually I'd like to point out that Ty and Ashley would have the longest distance traveled, me and Chris would be a close second I think.
Nah there is one who has y'all (and EVERYONE ELSE) BEAT if he actually does drive down as he claims. He isn't posting up in here but Josh Gholston is looking at DRIVING down from Alaska. I KEEP telling him to "speak up" but maybe he's trying to keep under the radar. He's done the drive from Birmingham Alabama to NALM (Colorado Springs) then drove home to Alaska in 2018. This time he's looking at a full round trip drive to and from Alaska. It'll be NUTS if he does it as I believe he said it like 3,500 miles EACH WAY!